beginner computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Machiavelli:
This is the one I'm considering for my first dive computer. Only cons are: No nitrox, no backlight and no audible alarms.

http://www.diveaeris.com/p_computers_xr1.html

My 2 cents here, Buy one that has Nitrox. If you decide (like I did) to dive Nitrox later you are covered. I first purchased a Suunto Mosquito. When I went to Nitrox I later purchased a Viper (I love it). The Mosquito is now my backup. Backlit is not a requirement unless you are diving in very murky or at night (and even then you can use your light).

I find the Viper wasy to use as I was already was used to the Mosquito. They are also on the conservative side

Your mileage may vary, Good Luck, Dave

BrianS:
Yep, that looks exactly like the Atmos 2. And actually, it's the same price I paid for my Atmos 2.

Besides cost is there any difference in the Atmos 2 and Oceanic Versa Pro? I was going to go with the Atmos but since the Versa Pro is cheaper I might get that one. (I looked on the Oceanic site but did not see the Versa Pro).

Greg

as i see, many choise may be done.

thx all for your participation, i will consider the argus of eatch of you and keep shoping.

i now have lot of choise and i love that

thx
attchoum

BrianS:
From looking at the pic, the Atmos 2 has a few more displays on at once.

The VersaPro has 4 display modes taht you can change (one mode per button push). The mode then stays the same the whole dive until the button is pushed again (unlike the genesis React, that reverts to default display after a few seconds). Mode #2 has the same info as on the Aeris picture.

gmgdvm:
Besides cost is there any difference in the Atmos 2 and Oceanic Versa Pro? I was going to go with the Atmos but since the Versa Pro is cheaper I might get that one. (I looked on the Oceanic site but did not see the Versa Pro).

Greg
I think the VersaPro has been discontinued. The VEO 250 is almost identical, but it comes in console mount only. Ask Larry at Scubatoys.

I'm relatively new to diving as well (~70 dives in three years). My first computer was/is the Atmos II by Aeris. I'm very happy with it and I picked it up on sale from Scubatoys for about $200.

Why do I like it? Well...

1. its easy to read and use
2. its nitrox capable (I bought it before I was nitrox certified)
3. it supports downloading to a desktop computer
4. it was cheap

-Jason

I will give another vote for the Oceanic Versa Pro. Oceanic, Aeris, and Sherwood are made by Pelagic. They are the same computer with different housings. The Versa Pro is nitrox capable and if you get it without a quick release and compass the price is very reasonable. Check Scubatoys.com. Larry had a bunch of them not long ago. I have one and it works great. I also have an Aeris Atmos AI that was almost twice as much. The software is exactly the same, minus the air integration. You can't go wrong with the VersaPro.

Back
Top Bottom