Before I go bothering a doctor.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WKD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi

I did two dives yesterday (Sunday) to 8m both for around 20 minutes (Mapping Project) in 11C fresh water. About ten minutes after the first dive I was experiencing what felt like cramping pains in my lower abdomen, I wrote it off as 'time of the month' and did the second dive, although, 'time of the month' is in a couple of days time. The dull achy kind of pain continued through the evening and is still present this morning.

I was slightly overweight on the first dive to aid the mapping activity, so wonder if I have strained my abs or if I ought to be going and bothering a doctor.

Any advice appreciated. Many thanks. :idk:

Hi WKD,

Neither the dive profiles nor the symptoms reported are suggestive of DCI.

Given possible mechanical and hormonal explanations for a "dull achy kind of pain" in the lower abdomen, these should be ruled out first. And of course "time of the month"-related abdominal cramping and discomfort don't always appear like clockwork.

Regards,

DocVikingo

This is educational only and does not constitute or imply a doctor-patient relationship. It is not medical advice to you or any other individual, and should not be construed as such.

Hello WKD:

The gas loads from these two dives is minimal. I doubt that a laboratory test with considerable exercise both at depth and after depressurization would produce any gas bubbles.

The answer to the discomfort appears to be somewhere else, as suggested by Dr Vikingo. :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom