Been to Lahami-Egypt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PDiver

Registered
Reaction score
I am planning on going to Lahami in June for one week's diving. Anyone been there? How does it compare to the area around Marsa Alam? How's Ocean Pro, the dive center at the Lahami Bay Resort?

Thanks for your feedback!

I spent 10 days at Lahami last October. Very nice resort, and the dive op is one of the best run outfits that I've dived with anywhere. I was a bit surprised by the DM's underwater, though. There were a few divers who needed help during dives, equipment or bouyancy, and the DM offerred no help at all, just let them figure it out, or not. Other than that, they are a great dive outfit. Sorry, can't compare with Marsa Alam as Lahami is the only place I've dived in Egypt.
There are 3 big boats that go out in the morning, dive sites are about an hour away, so you're out for the whole day and only get in two dives. They do allow 75 minute dives, though, so I pushed that all the way! There are also 'house boats' that do the house reef, and you can shore dive as much as you want, within a given area. I was with a friend who was sick the entire time we were there, so I didn't get in nearly as much diving as I had intended. A few of the dives I did were wonderful, and a few were....not very exciting. But as I said, I didn't get in nearly as much as I wanted to. I know there are lots of great dives in that area.
I've never done an all-inclusive before, and not sure I'd do it again. I prefer to wander around and see other stuff, but if you like that kind of deal you'll probably LOVE Lahami. Excellent food, and a lovely resort.
Hey, could you tell Ahmed, the telephone operator guy, that the American woman said his email address doesn't work??
Thanks, and have a great trip!

Back
Top Bottom