Been thinkin' a long time.... came to a conclusion tonight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayla:
Good luck!! Thats an awesome thing to do, and Im jealous! Im sure that you have earned it though! Have fun!! :D

K

Have more than earned it. When I figure out the time...come dive with me.

All are welcome.

There is nothing like taking time away for yourself and doing the things you love. Good for you man..I hope it's the best month of your life..:14:

The primary reason I became an inst was so that I could run away inbetween real jobs and hang out someplace nice for a moth or two at a time and make a little money in the process. Time off is invaluable. US employers need to learn that.

I'm thinking about doing the same type of thing this year , but i have plenty of vacation time.
Time to have some fun and do some of the things my soon to be X wife is accusing me of. May as well have fun being single.

Sound like fun Rich. Keep me posted, the wife and I may just come down and have you show us around.

Life is URGENT! Get on with it! Make the commitment and the rest will handle itself around your clear intentions to get that goal. :)

Glad to hear it, you will not regret making this decision (as long as you follow through).

Five years ago my wife and I took a year off and went sailing; best thing we have ever done. Now we can't wait until we can draw SS (2 1/2 yrs) so we can take off again.

Follow your dream!

You go Rich!!! Might I see a proposal in the future also????? hhmmmmm??? Maybe I'll come visit ya too!

Herman...will def keep you posted and would be thrilled to show you around.

hn....no way girl. No proposal in the near future...mid future or far future. Why do you women always want to ruin a good thing???????????????????????????????????

And, you would also be def welcome.

LATER>>>> ok, so I went in and had a sit down with the boss. I knew he would say he would have to see the training/deployment schedule for the second half of the year.....but he would work with me the best he could. Just be sure I have enought leave time. I'm bringing over 22 days from last year, I get 5 float days to take at discretion and that doesnt even touch this years vacation. So I am good there. Im thinking the Aug Sep time frame. Anyone else???

Wildcard:
Time off is invaluable. US employers need to learn that.

So true. I recall several years ago when I was traveling in New Zealand and met this backpacker from Germany. My trip was about half over and I was kvetching about having to return home/work and I asked how long he was traveling for. His answer - 5 weeks. I assumed that this was some unusual, special trip - but he said no, he gets 5 weeks of vacation a year from his employer. Apparently it is the norm in most European countries to give their employees 4-5 weeks of vacation a year. Wow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom