Been thinkin' a long time.... came to a conclusion tonight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
I have decided that life is just too dang short. So, some time in the next 2 to 5 years, I am going to take a whole month off work...pay or no pay....and go to Barbados for a whole month.

I have picked that location because I have been there many times and whether I dive a whole lot or not , it offers me many things.

I will keep anyone posted if they are interested on when I do this so if you decide to come down to Barbados and visit.....I would be glad to pick you up at the airport.

Life if just too short. I would rather be on my death bed grinning about my month off than regreting I never did it.

Dum Vivo Cano........................................

wow

awesome, man

I learned long ago that I have either the time or the money but ever both at the same time. I figure thats why god invented credit cards. Just bought the 35 foot liveaboard sailboat to runaway on for months at a time. Soon as my lotto tics hit, Im outta here!
Congrats on your decision. You will never miss the money but will treasure your time off.

Wild....I have no idea if we are on the same wave length....mainly because of a bottle of rum involved...but I def get the gest.

I am ....if I am lucky....in 7 days.....57. I wont go into the details why I am so motivated to do this....but....I dont want to pass up the chance. Needless to say my boss will have a lot of input.....but I know it is doable. Cant pass this up.

Thank the gods that at this point $$$$$ is not a problem. I may wish sometime in the future I didnt do it because I could use the $$$ some where else....but man.... ya gotta do sometimes what ya gotta do.

The more thought I give it....the more I have to do it.......

Some wil understand......some wont......their time will come.

Just remember, no backing out now, bud. Once it's on Scubaboard it's official. And we'll all be here to keep you honest.

Barbados, huh? Hmmm. (kidding).

RICHinNC:
So, some time in the next 2 to 5 years, I am going to take a whole month off work...pay or no pay....and go to Barbados for a whole month.

I highly recommend taking a month off! I've been doing so for the last three years, and spending that time in FL. Why 2 to 5 years, you just said life is too short!

I'm not sure it matters that much where exactly you go, as long as you have lots to keep you busy, and you can relax.

I always know I'm doing well when I don't know what day of the week it is, seriously! :D

RonFrank:
I highly recommend taking a month off! I've been doing so for the last three years, and spending that time in FL. Why 2 to 5 years, you just said life is too short!

I'm not sure it matters that much where exactly you go, as long as you have lots to keep you busy, and you can relax.

I always know I'm doing well when I don't know what day of the week it is, seriously! :D

Well......it aint a great story.....but I am a retired Vet and the wonderful government we have gave half my retirement to my ex even though she is remarriead and both work....

so I have to save and skimp so to do this like on your time schedule just is not happening. Whether life if short or not....reality has a way of working its way in to how I live.

this week I will be doing a "close door" with my boss and telling him I want any time between 1 Augt and 30 Sept off. We will see how bad he gags....hehehehehe....

Wish me luck

Good luck!! Thats an awesome thing to do, and Im jealous! Im sure that you have earned it though! Have fun!! :D

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom