Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is a long surface swim. I think mine was whatever was required. But the surface conditions were too rough for an on the back swim. So I had to swim face down. I was using my reg until I got to the mooring ball that was the turn point and remembered "This is a PADI class, so I have my snorkel stuffed in my pocket." I pulled it out and used it for the trip back.

That is a long surface swim. I think mine was whatever was required. But the surface conditions were too rough for an on the back swim. So I had to swim face down. I was using my reg until I got to the mooring ball that was the turn point and remembered "This is a PADI class, so I have my snorkel stuffed in my pocket." I pulled it out and used it for the trip back.

It was a nice day. Lots of fall colors around the quarry so I was enjoying the scenery. It was rather relaxing. :D.

It was a nice day. Lots of fall colors around the quarry so I was enjoying the scenery. It was rather relaxing. :D.

That is part of the reason I love fresh water, instead of 2 foot rollers we get 2 inchers on bad days. :D No fall colors our here, in fact it is still warm enough to see bikinis, though a lot less of them compared to the summer crowds.

Went diving at Wazee Lake up in WI yesterday. Former open pit iron mine, max depth 350ft. We didn't go deeper than 45ft or so. The other close(r) diving possibilities have bad viz. We easily had 40ft. Air temp was 32F, water temp 52F, stiff breeze.

The square log structure is a fish crib.
63EF5B61-82EE-4C35-BADF-32849EDFE073.jpeg
C42D5D60-2592-46BB-8C99-76C04BB09FB6.jpeg
3768F414-538B-46B6-BEFB-744C04EB8774.jpeg
37E46768-03D4-409C-8AE1-46741B91E5E0.jpeg
10C0F052-C60A-49CD-8AB4-4B07F5C6253C.jpeg

I found it easier, for an extended time, to flutter, putting all the force into the leg with the fin. You move along steadily, albeit, slowly.

I hook my unfinned foot behind/around the ankle of the finned foot and flap the fin somehow. It's not elegant.

I'm doing cavern/intro to cave starting Thanksgiving weekend. Never thought I'd do wet rocks in the dark, but, hey, why not? :D Instructor suggested it, not me. I'd have not come up with this on my own. :D I'm doing it elsewhere in the Midwest.

I'm doing cavern/intro to cave starting Thanksgiving weekend. Never thought I'd do wet rocks in the dark, but, hey, why not? :D Instructor suggested it, not me. I'd have not come up with this on my own. :D I'm doing it elsewhere in the Midwest.
Oh boy. Thanksgiving was 2 weekends ago:p:p:p:p:p

Back
Top Bottom