Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This year’s Christmas card. It was quite an adventurous year!

E710135A-8853-4CFF-9CCC-E8B34632D57E.jpeg

Looking like I’m cancelling FL trip for the week before Christmas. Folks who were saying for weeks they could dive can’t now or are very waffly. I’m not driving 2 days each way to dive 1-2 days. Diving the entire trip with people I don’t know is not my idea of fun.

Added: was able to get two more days with guide I already had one day scheduled with. I’ll see what else I can scrounge up. If Ginnie still allows full cave divers to solo, I’ll consider mooching about in the ballroom and the basin.

Looking like I’m cancelling FL trip for the week before Christmas. Folks who were saying for weeks they could dive can’t now or are very waffly. I’m not driving 2 days each way to dive 1-2 days. Diving the entire trip with people I don’t know is not my idea of fun.

Added: was able to get two more days with guide I already had one day scheduled with. I’ll see what else I can scrounge up. If Ginnie still allows full cave divers to solo, I’ll consider mooching about in the ballroom and the basin.
I recall that you're not too fond of reef diving. Would you be interested in saltwater wreck diving off of the panhandle (might have to search to find a dive op still going out then)? Or totally different, snorkeling with the manatees in Crystal River followed by scuba diving down Rainbow River? Those options are not too far away.

I recall that you're not too fond of reef diving. Would you be interested in saltwater wreck diving off of the panhandle (might have to search to find a dive op still going out then)? Or totally different, snorkeling with the manatees in Crystal River followed by scuba diving down Rainbow River? Those options are not too far away.

Salt water is an absolute no go. Not interested in the manatees. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Ginnie’s website still indicates full cave certified divers are allowed to solo dive, so that’s an option. I won’t be cave diving solo.

Why is that?
Marie-- I've followed you since to joined SB. Your are now a tech. diver-- way more advanced than me. I am really curious why you have no interest in salt water. Other than the big hassle of rinsing gear, what you see in the ocean has to be more than in the Great Lakes. Now, as a shell collector (google 15 years ago for the "discussion" on THAT), I have found fresh water diving OK but ho-hum. I can easily see why you like the Great Lakes for wreck diving-- if one is interested in that. But why are you so opposed to say, a trip to Florida to do the ocean thing?

Marie-- I've followed you since to joined SB. Your are now a tech. diver-- way more advanced than me. I am really curious why you have no interest in salt water. Other than the big hassle of rinsing gear, what you see in the ocean has to be more than in the Great Lakes. Now, as a shell collector (google 15 years ago for the "discussion" on THAT), I have found fresh water diving OK but ho-hum. I can easily see why you like the Great Lakes for wreck diving-- if one is interested in that. But why are you so opposed to say, a trip to Florida to do the ocean thing?

I have zilch interest in “pretty fish and corals.”

I have zilch interest in “pretty fish and corals.”
Yeah I get that. These are OK to look at (well hey, not much of that in Nova Scotia in the 46F water I dived today, but I've seen it in Panama and the US South). It's all about what you're interested in. My freshwater lakes/rivers dives- to me -- had less to see than the bulk of my salt water 900+ dives. Though-- I admit what I see is mostly "so-what". But then again, how many divers are true shell collectors? To each his/her own I guess. I guess you can see anything you want on the internet anyway....

Where is the discussion?

I want to see the shell pictures :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom