Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leave for MX tomorrow. My only hopes for the TSA petty dictators is that they keep their hands to themselves, don’t freak over my can light and regs, and don’t mess up my nicely packed bag.

Leave for MX tomorrow. My only hopes for the TSA petty dictators is that they keep their hands to themselves, don’t freak over my can light and regs, and don’t mess up my nicely packed bag.
Relax, it’s O’Hare to Cancun, and you’re on open circuit. I’d try and avoid upchucking all of your customs knowledge on them or getting into a tizzy when they move around all of your stuff. I’d also eschew from sharing your opinion of Mexico’s people that you so often share here.

Tangentially, you should print out the UN38.3 note for your light.

Edit: them vs then

Have a great training, I’ll be flying down there on Saturday! So can relate with the packing and organizing.

You're more likely to have issues with your light on the return leg.

You're more likely to have issues with your light on the return leg.
Of course, MX TSA flunkies are going to be worse than the US counterpart. How much of a bribe should I offer? And pesos or dollars? I’m only half joking. 😂

Have people been hassled at the Cancun airport for lights? I’ve seen posts about Coz for that. It’s a DR EX35. Says approved for air transport right on it. I thought I remembered reading that the MX TSA had finally caught up with the rest of North America that lithium ion batteries had to be carried on.

Doesn’t help that Southwest’s website just refers you to the TSA regs and MX TSA flunkies would probably say FU to US TSA regs. Trying to find the IATA regs.

Have people been hassled at the Cancun airport for lights? I’ve seen posts about Coz for that. It’s a DR EX35. Says approved for air transport right on it. I thought I remembered reading that the MX TSA had finally caught up with the rest of North America that lithium ion batteries had to be carried on.
Lithium batteries are an IATA regulation. Print out the UN38.3 testing verification for your EX35.

Attachments

• Airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf
    551.1 KB · Views: 37
Of course, MX TSA flunkies are going to be worse than the US counterpart. How much of a bribe should I offer? And pesos or dollars? I’m only half joking. 😂

Have people been hassled at the Cancun airport for lights?

Honestly I've had fewer issues with Mexican flight screeners than US ones. Their pat downs are quick and non-invasive as they use the wands instead of their hands. And are fairly reasonable, I remember once they found the little tool kit that I had in my bag, it is within TSA rules but they said "No tools" I pointed to my leg and I told them it was for that, and the lady was like makes sense and let me go on my way.

Mexican customs used to like to hassle divers as they were looking for camera housings to tax, but the Federal government put a kibosh on that, saying that they were covered under related accessories.

TSA pre-check and global entry is the only way to travel. Also checking the American elitist attitude usually helps getting through security and customs. Good luck playing red light green light in MX.

The mexican customs people are good. Bribing people in MX is very much a thing of the past. I have never had any major issues in MX because they see dive gear multiple times a day. My rebreather looks much more like a bomb than anything else I own and they passed it right through. They also no longer have the button of chance where you pass through customs then have to press a button to get either a red or green light to determine if you get inspected. Now they have a dog that sniffs for foreign plants.
I would rather deal with the people of Mexico than most moronic americans any day.

Back
Top Bottom