Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My OH buddies break out the shelter and propane heater when it’s in the 30s. 50s? I’m walking around in just a long sleeved t shirt or a light jacket.
It's all about what your body gets used to. Hated the cold up into my 20s as a NYC area kid. Then hated the heat after a few years in N. Manitoba (like 3 months of daytime temps. below minus 25F--not including wind chill). Now with all those years here in NS I started to feel the cold again gradually while diving. Think I'm "in the middle" now....

Peacock I today. Did Peanut for both dives. Got back to Breakdown Room both dives, when I had to turn the dive before I hit thirds due to ear issues. Diving thirds since I’m doing guided dives with an instructor. Getting fills to 3800 is downright luxurious. I drive an hour each way to get 3000 locally.

First dive was quite challenging, but second was much better. New DR EX 35 light is excellent. So nice having more light. Don’t like the hard goodman handle though. The handle is adjusted as small as it will go and it’s still slipping off my hand much too easily. Would be different with dry gloves and liners, but I’m diving with bare hands. Going to use the soft glove tomorrow. Also going to take more weight off.

Awesome having more than body length viz. I’m used to green water. This is blue. We ran by Orange Grove just to look at it. Wow.

Ginnie tomorrow. Third day with instructor is Friday and probably Little River.

Ran into Jared Hires floating on the surface as we were getting in.

It's all about what your body gets used to. Hated the cold up into my 20s as a NYC area kid. Then hated the heat after a few years in N. Manitoba (like 3 months of daytime temps. below minus 25F--not including wind chill). Now with all those years here in NS I started to feel the cold again gradually while diving. Think I'm "in the middle" now....

People today were all complaining about it being in the 50s. All bundled up. I was running around in a light jacket.

Would be different with dry gloves and liners, but I’m diving with bare hands.

A lot of us use fingerless gloves, that way you can pull with your palm and avoid wear and tear on your fingers.

I've been using these:

The impact protection rubber holds the light pretty well most times.

I recently picked up a set of these:

Going to give them a try for the first time this weekend. And since they aren't scuba specific they are actually pretty reasonable, I wait for sales and get them for about $20 a pair.

A lot of us use fingerless gloves, that way you can pull with your palm and avoid wear and tear on your fingers.

I've been using these:

Going to give them a try for the first time this weekend. And since they aren't scuba specific they are actually pretty reasonable, I wait for sales and get them for about $20 a pair.

And they actually make them in small!

And they actually make them in small!

For the completely fingerless one medium might work too since it isn't dependent on finger length. I'll let you try them on.

Peacock I today. ....Ginnie tomorrow.
It will be like going from calm to 'Holy crap that's fast'.
Some love it, many hate it. Be interesting to hear your reviews.

Glad you are enjoying Florida !!

I've been using these:

I'm using the Durahide framers gloves these days. Did well for me in Ginnie today.

It will be like going from calm to 'Holy crap that's fast'.
Some love it, many hate it. Be interesting to hear your reviews.

Glad you are enjoying Florida !!
Ginnie was kinda mild for flow today, for Ginnie (which is still a ton more flow than Peacock yesterday). She's got a good instructor showing the ropes down here though, so I'm sure things will go fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom