Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You may have read about my stolen Hollis SMS75 SM rig in a thread under thumbs down. I replaced it with a Dive Rite Nomad XT, which fit well right out of the box. I got it wet for the first time last weekend and it felt really good. I was invited to shadow a SM class yesterday in WI so the instructor (very experienced OC/CCR SM diver) could eyeball me to see if any tweaks needed to be made. None needed to the Nomad or tank leashes. The tank bungees keep my tanks closer to my armpits than on the Hollis, so I might tweak hose lengths (slightly shorter) on necklaced reg and wing inflator, but that’s it.

Gorgeous day out at Wazee Lake. Low 50s. Finally cool enough to not have to dunk yourself to get cool after getting suited up.
2C9A16C2-DA6C-4D44-9B1F-AC08763D0CCD.jpeg
11C7D12F-24CE-40F5-82C8-CF099B3957E7.jpeg

That looks beautiful. Some day I would like to do a little "midwest?" lake diving. :daydream:

That looks beautiful. Some day I would like to do a little "midwest?" lake diving. :daydream:

Fall at Wazee is gorgeous. The summer crowds are gone.

The only issue is that outside of May through September there are no fills in the area. You have to bring your own. The dive shop I frequent in WI is in Madison, two hours away.

Marie would love to see some vids or pictures under the water at the lake. Not sure thats your game but would be cool all the same :)

Marie would love to see some vids or pictures under the water at the lake. Not sure thats your game but would be cool all the same :)

You can check out YouTube. I don’t have any myself. I only carry a camera when wreck diving.

The only video I’ve seen lately is from someone who went almost to the bottom of Wazee - 320ft or so.

Last dive of the year at Haigh. Closing weekend. I was SHOCKED at the viz. Probably 30ft! It was sort of discombobulating seeing so far off the platform! Had a great solo dive working on kicks. A local SM instructor and a student shared the platform with me briefly. Talked to him after and he said I looked really good. Tanks were dead on trimmed out. Third dive with the Nomad.

Diving up in Cheeseland next weekend. Then Wisconsin cave diving season starts the following weekend. :D

Dives yesterday at Devils Lake were attempted, but didn't happen. Viz was so bad, it was braille diving. We gave up after about 10 minutes under. Packed up and had lunch outside at a great pub in Madison, with at least two hours of conversation about diving and CCRs (buddy has the unit I'm planning on getting). It was a gorgeous, albeit windy, day.

I've upped my workouts lately and do long rides on the recumbent bike at the gym. 60-70 minutes, 14-16 miles. 3 times a week. Anything more often or consecutive days bother my knees. Did 16.77 miles in 70 minutes today.

Back
Top Bottom