becoming a moderator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank,

our real problem is we have so many friends that think that THIS is the way to become a mod.

Being a close friend is one way to NOT be a mod. I try to look outside of my circle of homeys. In fact, I love it when my critics are nominated... I never hesitate to agree to them being a mod. I even nominated two though I won't say who they are. Both were sort of flabbergasted when asked, but that has never stopped them from jumping my line of reasoning. I tend to trust those kind of people more I guess. Now watch, every single person on the board will be out to scalp me. :D

NetDoc:
Being a close friend is one way to NOT be a mod. I try to look outside of my circle of homeys. In fact, I love it when my critics are nominated... I never hesitate to agree to them being a mod. I even nominated two though I won't say who they are. Both were sort of flabbergasted when asked, but that has never stopped them from jumping my line of reasoning. I tend to trust those kind of people more I guess. Now watch, every single person on the board will be out to scalp me. :D
Oh, i know you Pete, can i be a mo.... oh no wait, you've already done, gone flipped my switch :wink:

Yeah Simon,

if it weren't for exceptions, life would be pretty dull. :D

BTW, the converse is not true... the best way to be my friend IS to become a mod. Really, really.

simbrooks:
Sorry it made you turn green with envy.

snip

Of course you asked about it which is a big no-no, so opps, there goes your chance :wink:
:lol:

I wasnt asking how I could become one Simbrooks, I was asking how you became one :wink:

anyhow, I am having far too much fun trying to wind up DIR wannabes and singles mermaids without getting a bear paw in the butt.

I am impressed by the response though, I dont think I have ever seen so many Mods in one place..

cancun mark:
I wasnt asking how I could become one Simbrooks, I was asking how you became one :wink:
I have friends in high places (at least on SB). While its good to be king, its not bad being a court jester either :wink:
cancun mark:
anyhow, I am having far too much fun trying to wind up DIR wannabes and singles mermaids without getting a bear paw in the butt.
I think she becomes more friendly when you are a mod, of course i could be wrong.
cancun mark:
I am impressed by the response though, I dont think I have ever seen so many Mods in one place..
Two places i have seen more - one is modsquadHQ recently and pre-mod i think another might have been in the OFWF section a little time back :wink:

Who moderates the MODs?
And who is monitoring this thread????

And where are the instructions for trolling?

NetDoc:
We only have foxes watching the chiken coop now... why? :D
Well I noticed that many of the mods have "naked" non-pg13 avatars...like yours......
<snicker> and then there's that giant naked polar bear. :11:
A certain new mod has a naked turtle........I see a trend here.

pennypue:
Well I noticed that many of the mods have "naked" non-pg13 avatars...like yours......
<snicker> and then there's that giant naked polar bear. :11:
A certain new mod has a naked turtle........I see a trend here.
Heh, he's wearing a shell, even his underside is somewhat covered by a thick membrane of toughened material - now if we want to get back to skin, i believe a certain thread in the singles section if fairly revealing :wink:

pennypue:
And where are the instructions for trolling?
1 mention DIR, air2's, splitfins, poodles and some kind of soft drink in the same sentence.

2 sit back and watch the fun....

Back
Top Bottom