Beating the odds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They were thrilled with the update :D. I let them know again how much it meant to Skye what THEY did for her. They said they really admired Skye's courage and positive attitude in the face of the odds she was given. What was really cool about what they did - it was not the type of thing ANY of those guys would normally do, especially for a total stranger, but that's the nature of the fire service.....

Thanks for the follow-up post. I don't think I saw this the first time around. I am very happy for you and your friend.

My new lady dive buddy was hit with a leukemia diagnosis right after her OW, before her first dive trip back in Nov and hasn't had a positive response to chemo yet, altho the cabin fever, nausea, depression, etc has taken a toll. I've tried to be supportive and encouraging all the way thru. We keep hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel - someday.

I'll share this story with her and ask again for ideas on anything more I might do to help. I may be posting in the Texas forum soon for Houston dancing boys. :wink:

Fish_Whisperer:
Awesome, Snowbear!! That's wonderful news! :)

My condolences, Natasha. (HUG)

Thank you Fish_Whisperer.

Snow this is great news about Skye. Tell her we're waiting to see her on TV! Thanks for the update.

Snowbear...thanks sor sharing that story and the best is to hear that your friend is doing great....god bless...give her our best.

Natasha: sorry to hear about your loss!

Snowbear: That was a wonderful thing you did.

Natasha: I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my favourite cousin last fall to metasticized breast cancer. She fought it off for 15 years with rounds of chemo and still lived life to the max!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom