Beast's Twin Lakes project - IMG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We have all, at one time or another, come out of the water and set our wet gear on one of the picnic tables. That's fine if there are plenty of tables but as busy as it gets, it's not always possible. So Beast came up with a solution....gear racks. Double sided, this one will hold 8 tanks and gear. At 34" tall, you can just back up to one, set your tank down and slip out of it. Short bungie cords will wrap around the tank valve or the first stage to secure your BC and tank. This will also keep not only the tables drier but the ground around them, too.

Here are a few photos....
abr.sized.jpg
abs.sized.jpg
abu.sized.jpg
abt.sized.jpg

If this one works out, we want to build several to place around the lake. What do ya'll think?

Brilliant Idea. :idea:
Also, tell Beast I said he looks good in purple.

does Doug need help hauling it to the lake? I'm off tomorrow,got some runnin to do but, my truck will be mostly empty,....mostly. :wink: Holler if ya want me to come by and pick it up on the way to the lake. Oh yeah,..... purple be purty!

Homey...we loaded it in his truck tonight. He'll just have to hawl it to work with him.

LOL...he didn't realize he was color co-ordinated until I took his picture!

see ya there!

Way to go Beast. I think that will work well around the lake
and serve a great purpose. Thanks for always improving
Twin Lakes. You both always go that extra mile to make
us Southern Swampers happy divers. :) :D

The pics look like the seat part of the rack is ~20" off the ground, at least the one where Beast is sitting on it.
I really like the tables at Aquarena - because they're about 40"+ high - so you can literally walk over to your setup assembled on the table and back into it. If it's not too unstable, making your design a little higher will make it really convienient for tanks - and not so convienient for sitters!

[check out my profile pic!]

-=>Larry<=- once bubbled...
The pics look like the seat part of the rack is ~20" off the ground, at least the one where Beast is sitting on it.
I really like the tables at Aquarena - because they're about 40"+ high - so you can literally walk over to your setup assembled on the table and back into it. If it's not too unstable, making your design a little higher will make it really convienient for tanks - and not so convienient for sitters!

[check out my profile pic!]

Cool profile picture! I mentioned in the original post the bench is 34" tall...well, that was before the boards so make that about 35.5" tall. You have to remember how tall Beasts legs are! He and Homey tested it out today at the lake. It's just perfect to back up to and set your tank down. We still have some tweaking to do with the bungie things but Homey and Tony both had some good ideas to try. No telling what the next one will be like!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom