Beast's Twin Lakes project - IMG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwb once bubbled...
Nice Idea... if you don't mind, I think I'll suggest that to a couple of places around here!

Good Job!

wb

Be my guest!

Ingenious idea. Never underestimate the ingenuity of a diver!!:wink:

BTW: I think your garage looks a lot like my dorm room... wetsuit draped over here... BC hanging over there.. tanks laying everywhere. :D

Very, very nice - we're going to be the most spoiled FW divers in the country by the end of it all. BTW: I may be able to weasel out a few hours off from both places next Wednesday, any Swampers going to be around at TL (if'n the weather cooperates?) Working all day staring at all this equipment while I'm sitting here high and dry is driving me nuts.

the new benches when the water warms up. Now, how about something to eat the algee and improve the vis?

Mue Wano Dive dude!Hi there phinn bud..Hey sat i will be down at Iowa colony just up the road from T.L. working on an antique cola box eary a.m. and since the sun is supposed to peek...I`m gona accidently on purpose throw my gear in the truck.If ya`ll are to be out there ...i`ll see ya`ll around noonish..l8r

We'll try to see ya there!

Nifty idea! Cool winter duds Beast :cold:

Dee once bubbled...
I mentioned in the original post the bench is 34" tall...well, that was before the boards so make that about 35.5" tall. You have to remember how tall Beasts legs are! ...

Guess I'll be bring my own step stool. :wink:

I look forward to seeing your pictures from Balmorhea State Park. Sounds toasty in the water :sunnyday: .

...are your 'diver's benches' available for sale? Turns out you've designed/built exactly the sort of product I myself have long envisioned for so many of the dive sites I've visited.

I have to disagree with Larry about Aquarena's tables.....they're nice tables, but they're way too tall ( I'm 5'8" ) to stand your gear up on and then back-into-it as Larry suggests....I've been there 3 times since Sept 02 and have never seen the 'tables' used by anyone to back-into-their-gear......they're too tall and have no backing, so there's an excellent chance your tank would fall over if you did that, with disasterous results.

Aquarena has a few small/rickety/scrawney benches that are very popular for gear-donning, and woefully inadequate for the dive populations there.

So, Dee, might you consider ( if Bridget approved it) selling me 1 of your benches to donate to Aquarena.....and what might be the price? I have an '85 Toyota mini-van that I think is big enough to carry a bench down there.

Karl

Karl....I'll have to ask Beast if he wants to make them to sell. He made this one, and has plans for future models, because we got tired of all the picnic tables either being full of gear or staying wet because of gear. I know there's alot of variances in materials and such so I'll talk to him and we'll take this to PM's.

leadweight once bubbled...
the new benches when the water warms up. Now, how about something to eat the algee and improve the vis?

The Great lakers will verify a handfull of zebras transpanted into the lake will do wonders for the vis. There won't be anything ELSE in the lake to see besides zebra mussel shells in a couple of years since they field strip the bottom of the food chain, but you'll be able to see them REALLY WELL!:rolleyes:

FT

Back
Top Bottom