Bearskin semi-dry wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vertaqua

Reaction score
Theirs a LDS near me called Pacific Wilderness Dive Shop, in San Pedro, CA. They make their own brand of wetsuits called Bearskin. I'm thinking about buying one of their semi dry suits if the price is less then a compareable semi dry like the Mares Isotherm. Has anyone had any experience with their products (semi dry or any other wetsuit) either pro or con?

I have one of their $99 full wetsuits. It's the only wetsuit I've ever used, but it seems to work well. I went diving last weekend at Corona Del Mar, and was warm the whole time(59 degrees at 25 feet).

vertaqua:
Theirs a LDS near me called Pacific Wilderness Dive Shop, in San Pedro, CA. They make their own brand of wetsuits called Bearskin. I'm thinking about buying one of their semi dry suits if the price is less then a compareable semi dry like the Mares Isotherm. Has anyone had any experience with their products (semi dry or any other wetsuit) either pro or con?

It is all about fit. If it fits well (keeps the water slosh to a minimum) it is probably fine. Their suits didn't fit me well. Be sure the bags are minimized. That's where the water goes in and out. One of the reasons for different brands (and the superstretch materials) is because we are all shaped differently.

I am considering buying a 7 mm Bearskin Superstretch Wetsuit. Another local dive shop has negative things to say about them. I'm not certain if there is any problem with the brand or if this is just a ploy to get me to buy their stock instead. Does anyone have any more experience with Bearskin wetsuits? Thanks.

Thanks Mike, I am glad to hear that you like the Bearskin. I like the Bearskin suit very much, and it is in my top two possibilities at present. Your thoughts about tightness trouble me a bit, because I am between sizes. I was thinking of going with the smaller suit b/c I have been thinner and I am losing about 10-15 lbs now to get back to where I was. I want to buy one suit that will fit within a 15 lb weight range. They tell me this hybrid hyperstretch 7 mm suit is the best bet for such a situation. If you have any insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom