Beaches on Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn once bubbled...
Chen Rio is very nice. So is the Naked Turtle.. I mean Playa Bonita. The hammocks at Bob's Marley Bar are a favorite spot of mine, specificially the one on the right right after you go down the steps. I have Tshirts up at Mescalito's (I hooked the ring 5 times last time I was there) and Coconuts, and I always spend some time out on the rocks at El Mirador.

Heavy sigh...

Niiiice!

Have you seen 7MB lately?

Leaving aside the crowds, much of it is washed away. Down towards the Marriott there is almost none, and even up by the Westin it's getting mighty thin.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Yes, we were there just after the hurricane in 02 and went up to the southern end to see what was damaged and visit the folks at Sunset House. On the way back we stopped at the Lazy Lizard for a bite and walked over to the non-beach at Marriott and couldn’t believe it. We were told they were trying to buy sand from the west end without much luck. Have the reefs revived from the damage? I don't think we will get back that way until 05 or so as this year and 04 we are heading to Central America on all trips.

depending on how much you're spending...

rent a house on the northwest end of the island. there are many. you can have a house right on the beach!!!

rent a care to get around

dive any dive op you want.

we went with eagle ray divers which we met every morning at chacanaab park (sp? way off i know) dock. it's a nice place with it's own dock, pool, jacuzzi, bar, restaurant, and most importantly...its own beach. not many people make it down there. even on cruise ship days. it's about a 20-30 minuted drive down south...

Titletowndiver once bubbled...
Heres one from last August

That dritwood on the right has a sign on it just out of the frame that sez TOPLESS PHOTOS ONLY, doesn't it?

Then it's on the north side of the Paradise Cafe (aka Bob's Marley Bar) at the southernmost point of the east side coastal road. I have quaffed many a Dos Equis in the hammocks there. I wish I were there right now....

Back
Top Bottom