Beach Diving North of Blue Heron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi!
We are going out in the AM to do Blue Heron and would like to dive a few new sites. Anyone have any sweet spots that they would like to share north of Blue Heron?

Thanks!

You mind if i ask you a few questions about the bridge?

is the site a whole tank dive?
how is the visibility?
are the boats a problem?
water isnt a health hazard is it?

cool thx. I really want to check it out since its cheap diving and simple.

Optik:
You mind if i ask you a few questions about the bridge?

is the site a whole tank dive?
how is the visibility?
are the boats a problem?
water isnt a health hazard is it?

cool thx. I really want to check it out since its cheap diving and simple.

I have a friend that goes all the time and he LOVES it! Here is a web page I found about it:
http://www.wadespage.com/D800DS06RF01.shtml

If you know any other places please let me know!

The page you referenced is probably the best for Bue Heron. I dove the west side, and the boat noise was horrific that day, since you are close to the traffic. Apparently, there are barriers so you don't wander, but still it was a bit unnerving.
JUst watch your tides when you go. OH, and have fun!

I used this photo of blue heron bridge in my map book that I did for the dive site when I mapped it for my DM course. In this picture you can see the channel barriers, don't go past them. And always remember to take a flag.

Scuba_Jenny:
SNIP... the boat noise was horrific that day, since you are close to the traffic. Apparently, there are barriers so you don't wander, but still it was a bit unnerving. JUst watch your tides when you go. OH, and have fun!
If you remember, Jenny, I wandered into the boat channel without seeing the barrier. There's a chance a diver could get into trouble, especially a goofball like me! The tides can be strong, too.

Optik: it's a 1-tank dive and you can easily do the whole thing in about a half hour. Watch the boat channel and take your time to see some unique critters that you won't see in the ocean, and a few rare ones as well that are more frequent (and have fewer places to hide).

But I love you all anyway!

My friend is pretty experienced at this site and I do trust him.

What I am looking for is another site to do after we do this one.

PLEASE let me know if you all have any othe sites that are fun!

Thanks!

I hate it when that happens!

You probably already know about the following...

Though I don't know a beach dive I do know a boat operator who goes out for one tank at a time. Keeping in the spirit of missing your question I thought it still somehow relevant! It's called The Scuba Club:

4708 North Flagler Drive
West Palm Beach, Florida 33407
Fax 561.844.8256
www.thescubaclub.com

Nice little motel on the shore that's been converted to a dive center. They're a lot of fun.

Continuing on the irrelevant path, if you haven't planned lunch or dinner for after the dive, try the Brass Ring Pub: 200 USHY 1, NORTH PALM BEACH, FL 33408, (561) 848-4748
dive4funOften:
My friend is pretty experienced at this site and I do trust him.

What I am looking for is another site to do after we do this one.

PLEASE let me know if you all have any othe sites that are fun!

MikeJacobs:
I hate it when that happens!

You probably already know about the following...

Though I don't know a beach dive I do know a boat operator who goes out for one tank at a time. Keeping in the spirit of missing your question I thought it still somehow relevant! It's called The Scuba Club:

4708 North Flagler Drive
West Palm Beach, Florida 33407
Fax 561.844.8256
www.thescubaclub.com

Nice little motel on the shore that's been converted to a dive center. They're a lot of fun.

Continuing on the irrelevant path, if you haven't planned lunch or dinner for after the dive, try the Brass Ring Pub: 200 USHY 1, NORTH PALM BEACH, FL 33408, (561) 848-4748

You are too funny my friend! You should join us! We are leaving Lakeland about 9:30!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom