beach diving near Coco Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nkri23

Reaction score
im very new to scuba divingbut love it... Is beach diving a good thing for newbs, im only 16, so i cant really go off to west palm all the time for dive boats, but i want to stay active. also what are some good beach dives in the coco beach area.

The closest thing around here is Wabasso down past Sebastian. Even that spot is not that great. I'd recommend Pepper Park between Vero and Ft. Pierce.

Going to Pepper Park tomorrow with one student and his Aunt...the student is 16

Joe

Unfortunately the one and only place that I think might make a good little beach dive around here is not accessible to mortals as it’s in the security zone next to pad 39B at the space center. The nice reef about 4 miles off shore in the same area is at least a 28 mile boat ride to get to because of the security zones.

This doesn't answer your question, nkri23, but it is info for you. You may want to check out Castaway Scuba on East Colonial. They have a young adults group that may provide you with some diving opportunities.

From their website:
What is Venture Crew?
The Venture Crew is a group of 14-20 yr old young adults who have formed a club of their own so to speak and do venture activities such as SCUBA, Camping, kayaking, canoeing, hiking, rock climbing, and various other activities. They do fundraisers to earn the money for their SCUBA trips so it doesn’t impact the parents too much.

USAF Diver:
Have fun at Pepper Park! Lifeguards there said the vis is around 5 feet today!

We had around 2-3 feet yesterday looking for lobsters.

Tickled two. Even with the magnifying effect of the water, it was obvious neither one was legal, so we didn't even touch them. :-(

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom