Beach Dive in Fort Lauderdale, Saturday Nov 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have fun y'all, we will miss you!! I went to DEMA in Miami a couple of years back and had a blast!!

Gooch, I'd love to dive with you, it's been too long.

The sea buoy at Fowey Rocks reads 79.7 degrees. Chilly, but not as bad as the ::BRRR:: Springs!

So, Michael, then it is 7:30 Saturday, on A-1-A? What cross street should we try for?

DebbyDiver:
So, Michael, then it is 7:30 Saturday, on A-1-A? What cross street should we try for?

Do you want to try for that area just north of Sunrise, where we met the first time?

That's Sunrise East to A1A, then north about a 1/2 mile, right across from that apartment tower, right?

the gooch:
I may be in for this. Anyone have an idea of water temps?

It should be fine with a 3mil full suit. I dove last weekend with a 5/4/3 and I was VERY toasty.

Sperbonzo:
Do you want to try for that area just north of Sunrise, where we met the first time?

That's Sunrise East to A1A, then north about a 1/2 mile, right across from that apartment tower, right?

Sure! On the west side of A1A, look for: a tall mustard colored condo with a shorter, old-fashioned condo building just north of it...that would be the 1200 building...park across the street from it on the East side of A1A. :) If the parking is jammed up (unlikely) call my cell.

Michael, thanks for organizing this, I am sooo looking forward to it and to diving with Vino at long last!

Hey Michael, what do you think of this instead?

Copied from the Friday dive (now cancelled) topic:
vr24:
Sorry deb, weather is so good, we are taking the boat out friday!!! :)

And yeah, I'm talking the extreme end of the free parking where A1A turns off from the beach, very neat elkorn forests there that I like to freedive, tons of little fish and stuff hiding in it, if you haven't seen it, you should check it out.

DebbyDiver:
Hey Michael, what do you think of this instead?

Copied from the Friday dive (now cancelled) topic:

Well, the thing is about the Sunrise location is that it's such a short walk to the water. Vino is really petite and it's a major pain for her to walk to far with all the gear.

Weather is looking great

Friday Night
East winds around 5 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Intracoastal waters smooth.

Saturday
East winds around 5 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Intracoastal waters smooth.

Michael, we are talking a few hundred yards (at most) north of our original spot, and the walk to the water is about the same. So, what do you think? I'm up for anything, but the Elkhorn corals that Ryan mentioned do sound intriguing!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom