Be careful what you post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc

CCR Instructor Trainer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The internet is a really big place. A little while ago I posted an article about independent doubles here on scubaboard. Yesterday on Diver's Choice Charter's boat I met a guy who had traveled from Southern California. He was diving independent doubles and I asked him how long he had been doing that since he was an older gentleman who had apparently been diving for quite some time. He said he had only started a couple of weeks ago. It seems he couldn't find the double HP 100s locally that he was used to at home so he rented a pair of singles and doubled them up.
I then asked him about how he managed his reg switching and gas consumption to which he replied, the instructor at the shop back home suggested switching every hundred psi but then he read an article on scubaboard that made a lot more sense so that is what he did. He also said independents in general made a lot of sense to him since he traveled and was going to continue with it.
So you never know who's lives you're going to touch when you make a post on a scubaboard. I am very happy to have touched one.:D

What did you charge him? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom