BC's with "Elevator" Lever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm thinking if my lawsuit fails then I will open a small clinic and begin psychotherapy for divers of this BC. We will meet once a week after potential attacks from the internet.

You could combine it with a clinic for Mares HUB users too!

You could combine it with a clinic for Mares HUB users too!

First you could begin the treatment by exploring the concept of a BC being referred to as "she" and other equipment psychosis.

N

First you could begin the treatment by exploring the concept of a BC being referred to as "she" and other equipment psychosis.

N

:D:D:D:D:D:lotsalove:

Nemrod, do the terms 'coffee', 'keyboard' & 'screen' mean anything to you or is nothing sacred? I'm off now to clean the mess I made when I saw your reply... :)

N

Is equipment psychosis related to nitrogen narcosis? Is it dangerous?

:D

Yes! It can cause ACE: Arterial Cash Embolism

Interesting dissucssion, I would like to hear from more owners???

How does it not trap air? Seems like the lever must be connceted to a cable to vent becasue I would think that would be a horrible place the locate a vent?

Sorry about asking this question again but, I couldn't find an answer in all of the discussion about how an owner of one of these will die if they don't go buy a BP/W.:11:

Also what is the best position to get all of the air out. Example my Ranger I need to make my left shoulder the highest part of the BC to use the shoulder vent.

Of course it is dangerous, are you married? If not then I know why, you invite a lady over and she sees a moldering pile of stinking scuba gear all over your apartment, takes one look and excuses herself due to a headache or pedicure appointment, yeah it is dangerous. :11doh: Explain to your girlfriend how "she" is so beautiful and sleek and see what happens.:no

Evil, you just going to have to get yourself a DuraBook, ha.

To the OP, hey, your a good sport, good luck with your diving, oh, and your psychosis.

N

20,000 leaques under the sea? No, more like just 20 feet under Lovers point and this is what I photographed on my first day as a underwater photographer. Not bad for just 11 dives under my i3.

Friendly harbor seal...
8bsek9w.jpg

We are not alone; can anyone spot the sharks?
6xg88le.jpg

Mike,

It looks like you kind of stepped in it a little, the more you try and get it off of yourself the more it gets everywhere.
I wouldn't get too carried away arguing with some of these people about the concept of buoyancy compensators. You know what they say about arguing on the internet, even if you win you're still retarded.

If I were you I would just dive your rig and enjoy it. It appears that you are having a great time in the water and are not doing some extreme dives that would warrant getting into a whole different system. You are a new diver and nobody can expect you to have the experience yet to be able to have the understanding that some of the other people on this board have with hundreds or even thousands of dives, so when they poke a little fun about your rig I wouldn't worry about it too much. I really don't think any of them truelly mean you any harm, and then there are some that are just plain idiots, but I would just take all this with a grain of salt.

When I started diving I got programmed by my LDS to get into a Seaquest Black Diamond. I paid good money for the unit and I was darn proud of it. Whenever anybody started in about it I would fiercly defend my purchase. After getting 75 to 100 dives on it I began to see some of the pitfalls of such a BC. The thing is, when I was a new diver I wouldn't have known what a BP/W was if one fell from the sky and hit me in the head, they were not popular in the main stream at that time. It took many dives with the Black Diamond for me to slowly realize that it wasn'r really that great and frankly quite bulky and cumbersome. I remember one shore dive in particular in big surf, current, and kelp up in Sonoma County and really having a tough time in that unit, actually almost having to bail out of it and leave it behind just to save my skin. That's when I began to look around for a better way and decided to get into a BP/W system and since then I have taken the BP/W system into even a further direction and invented my own version that was more sleek and streamlined than the back plates and wings that everyone speaks of here.
You talk about getting bashed! Oh man! You getting a little ribbing about your i3 is nothing compared to what I had to endure. Long story short the concept never took off but the people that have one would only let go of it if you pryed it from their cold dead fingers. As far a simplicity there was no other rig that was simpler and more streamlined than the Freedom Plate but since it was not a conventional type of plate it was not DIR compliant and you could not attach doubles onto it, it became an object of ridicule.

My advice is to forget this board as far as feedback on your i3 and just go dive it. If at some point in the future, after you get many more dives, you see a need to get into a different system then get into something else. But if you love your rig and never see a need to switch then that's fine too.

Finally, let your own personal experiences be the teacher of weather the rig will work for you or not, not some blow hole on this board.

Eric

Nice pictures, Mike. Getting a shot at 20 feet is especially nice, as the real colors are still there.

Remember, dive equipment is less important than using your brains down there. Post more pictures when you can.

Back
Top Bottom