BC's DWnDD July 9th, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
This Month's DWnDD is scheduled on The Peace Diveboat. We are going to San Miguel Island.

Date: Wed July 9th, 2008
Boat: The Peace
Destination: San Miguel Island
Depature: Midnight (be there by 11:30pm Tues night)
Return: 6:30pm
Cost: $140

This mid-week dive trip to San Miguel is the perfect escape for the Advanced Diver. It is California cold water diving at its best. This trip is best suited for the high intermediate to advanced diver that is comfortable in rough cold water, current, thick kelp and deeper water. Unbelievable pinnacles , drop-offs and marine life await. This trip includes 4 scuba dives, air fills and meals.

We are invited to sleep on the boat the night before.

Please use The Peace's online reservation system.(Don't forget to put "Beach Crabs" in the comment section, on your reservations). This is a new system and works great. There is more info on there, as well.

I hope to see a lot of divers on this trip. Beach Crabs and everyone else are envited to join us for this rare opportunity to dive the northern Channel Island. As always, Please RSVP in the BC's Calender.

Thank you,
Rick

Last edited:
Who is planning on attending this trip?
The spots on this one are going quick. This type of trip fills fast. Please make your reservations as soon as possible, so you don't miss out on this great trip.

Thanks,
Rick

Rex, you will be fine. The dives are varied, with walls that start shallow and end deep, rocky reefs, and a very diverse terrain. The recommended diver experience level is intermediate to advanced, but, I would say as long as the buddy teams have at least one well experienced diver, these dives are open to us all.

Besides, you can't miss a BC boat trip.:D

Rick

Yesterday on our trip, I talked with Eric (Owner/Captain) of The Peace. He says this trip is filling fast. Just in the last couple days 10 spots were reserved. If you are thinking about going, now is the time to sign up. These trips don't last. San Miguel is a rare treat, and a very popular trip. The dive boats only schedule there every once in awhile, so they are filled fast.

These dives are like no others you have done in SoCal. Get ready for some exceptional sights!

Thank you,
Rick

What time is everyone going to be there? I was thinking about going to The Greek (the one with the belly dancers :)) for dinner. Maybe 7:30 or 8:00pm Wed night?

The boat is half full, as of this morning. There are 12 spots left. This one is filling quick, so get your ressies in, as soon as you can.

Rick

Just signed up! Looking forward to diving at a place most divers never get to.

I could probably make dinner around 8PM. I want to try to get to the boat early anyhow and snag one of those double bunks!

Just signed up! Looking forward to diving at a place most divers never get to.

I could probably make dinner around 8PM. I want to try to get to the boat early anyhow and snag one of those double bunks!

Glad you made it, Rex! This trip is going to be one of the greatest.

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom