BCDs

Which BCD do you prefer?

• Back Inflate

Votes: 120 75.5%
  • Inflate all around chest area

Votes: 39 24.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer to use a Back inflated BC , For a few reasons..

I use an Oceanic Chute 2

1. Less Restricting.
2. Puts you in the proper Horizontal position.
3. No chest squeeze.
3. Makes pockets easier to get into,

Just my .02 worth, Some might disagree, But this is my opinion

Scubaddawg

fish_bowl once bubbled...
Is this why people tend to put weights on their tanks to keep them balanced?

Not necessarily-although some people use it for that. Most use it to improve their trim while underwater. In my case, a weightbelt seems to pull down my lower body and drop my knees/legs. I took that weight and put it in trim pockets attached to both of my cam bands. That moved my center of gravity towards my head, bringing my knees/feet up to where they should be for proper trim.

Just figured I'd go ahead and add my .02 on this post. I haven't seen anyone else mention this BC so just consider it as another option.

I use the Dacor Rig II BC and have added a small weight pouch on the bottom tank strap. This seems to have helped a lot with the trim, even though I only put about 2-3 lbs in that pouch. I've had no problem with the previously mentioned issue of being pushed face down in the water, but am easily able to adjust my position depending on the circumstance.

Also, I too have (on occasion) used a weight belt in addition to my Integrated Weights with no problem. It's not my preference, but it hasn't caused any problems either. Mainly it is just easier to distribute the additional weight, when it has been needed.

The main thing is to find, and go with, what you are most comfortable with. Getting info about what others use and trying out different models is your best bet.

Dive Safe.......and enjoy the experience.

Back
Top Bottom