BCD with few pockets - what gear and where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruno Genovese

Registered
Reaction score
I recently bought a Scubapro Litehawk BCD. I love the BCD and not having those big wings around the waist, but I find myself trying to figure out what is the best place for my gear.

Obviously I can clip it to the various D-rings or even get a thigh pocket (the Dive-Rite one looks particularly good), but I don't want to turn into a Christmas tree of dangling stuff that could drag and hit the bottom.

So, I ask those with more experience, what gear should I carry with me on most dives and where?

Things that initially come to mind are a whistle (already on my inflator), SMB and reel, small flashlight, z-knife, camera.

My down-south-where-it's-warm BCD is a Zeagle something... It has a couple of small pockets and a bunch of D-rings. I can put a small SMB and spool in one pocket. I prefer to carry a big SMB though, so it takes up a pocket and the spool goes in the other.

I also glued a bellow pocket to me suit. I carry a wet diopter there, possibly some tables or wetnotes etc.

If I am carrying my PMB/Canister, it's clipped on on a ring on my hip. Knife is on a shoulder strap. If I carry a light, it's clipped and banded to the opposite shoulder. Camera is attached to right shoulder D-ring with a bolt-snap.

All in all, neat and tidy and lots of space.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom