BCD Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ktcny

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My Cressi Aqua Lite R needs a new inflator. The old hose simply screws out of the vest near the shoulder. It seems to me the new one needs a sealant of some sort on the threads. Anyone know about this?

Never heard of that, but I guess it could be a thread sealant. They sell pipe thread sealant that may work, but I’d first want to know it was compatible with the BC materials. Cressi should be able to recommend something.

But, if you are just replacing the inflator, you shouldn’t need to mess with the hose. The inflator is most likely attached to the hose with a zip-tie. Just cut the zip-tie, and the inflator should come loose.

One note. If you have a pull-dump, there will be a pin at the base of the inflator, the pin will have a line or cable connected to the dump valve at the other end of the corrugated hose.

To be able to recommend something we should need a pic showing what happened. From your description it's hard to understand what happened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom