BCD/Octopus failure....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As long as the point got across, who cares.
English is not my first language so I'm the wrong person to ask

dtdiver:
is it...
schrader
schreider
or schraeder
?

dt

Sorry, didn't want to be technical, I'm not qualified for that.
High flow valves deliver a high volume of air into the BC (useful for some tech divers, but nor recreational divers)
Low flow valves do not
Zeagle High flow inflators have a Red inflator button and a spring washer. Zeagle is having problems with them.
New Zeagle inflator is a low flow inflator and it has a white button with a normal compression spring.
Zeagle is converting their high flow inflators into low flow inflators at no cost to the consumer. This can be done at Zeagle authorized LDC. They will put a new valve, new compression spring, and a white cap on the button.

archman:
PRL, could you perhaps translate what you just said to all of less technical folks? What exactly is Zeagle doing?

PRL:
This is not an equipment board, but I'll respond. Now Zeagle is putting regular springs into the inflators (white buttons) and in the past they were putting a spring washer into them (red button) But the spring is not the problem because it has no affect on the shreider valve (it wont help to release the valve)
The problem is that the shreider valve was sticking"
This is all according to Zeagle at OWUW saturday at Rosemont

On the ones that we had it was the button that stuck and the valve and the spring washer combined didn't have enough force to drive it back. Replacing the valve did nothing to correct the problem while cleaning the lub off the other parts freed it right up.

BTW, I was going back and forth with Jim Fox on this issue before Zeagle would ever admit that there was a problem. In fact as of the last time we discussed the issue they still claimed that we were the only ones who were reporting problems.

dtdiver:
is it...
schrader
schreider
or schraeder
?
dt
In the Navy, I learned "Schraeder."
I have seen "schrader" used for the same valve a lot recently.
Haven't seen "schreider" except here.
They're all the same as far as I can tell.
Rick

I stand corected. I can't argue with divers more experienced than me. But I sure can learn alot from them. Thanx for the input.

MikeFerrara:
On the ones that we had it was the button that stuck and the valve and the spring washer combined didn't have enough force to drive it back. Replacing the valve did nothing to correct the problem while cleaning the lub off the other parts freed it right up.

BTW, I was going back and forth with Jim Fox on this issue before Zeagle would ever admit that there was a problem. In fact as of the last time we discussed the issue they still claimed that we were the only ones who were reporting problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom