Bcd leak at hose connection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like I accidentally posted this thread twice. In the other, someone posted a knighthawk schematic which showed an O-ring. I had an o-ring on my desk. It was a bit small, but I managed to stretch it into place. Screwed the fitting back together and it holds air perfect now 🙂.

Thanks for everyones help!

The oring is not a common size either.

Just to complicate matters i am pretty sure the Hydros uses a different oring to Knighthawk and Ladyhawk.

Update: used the bcd in a pool today to try it out. There is still a small stream of bubbles coming from the connection when inflated.

Appears as though there is also supposed to be a small rubber gasket under the plastic washer (shown on the schematic). Shocked a scubapro bcd made it past production missing both parts. I'd assume this isn't common?

Update: used the bcd in a pool today to try it out. There is still a small stream of bubbles coming from the connection when inflated.

Appears as though there is also supposed to be a small rubber gasket under the plastic washer (shown on the schematic). Shocked a scubapro bcd made it past production missing both parts. I'd assume this isn't common?

The o-ring you stretched into place may not be thick enough to make a proper seal, you might want to look for one the right size.

After many hundreds of dives, my Lady hawk was ever so slowly losing air (over days). Turns out that it was from a pinch but before that was discovered, we replaced the corrugated hose inflator assembly with one from a Zeagle (didn't have a Scubapro available). I love it because I never did like the button controls on the original.

Now the damn pinch holes. Ever more aquaseal. :p

full
Hello .... I see you had this diagram of a scubapro BC ...I'm looking for a part for an older one I bought used to try getting back into diving after "retirement" ...
I think someone removed the corrugated hose and lost whatever seal goes there ... I was a scubapro (among others) tech back in the 80's but I'm not sure what goes there .. I think it's an oring ...my luck it will be a very specific one that's not available any longer ..Ha ? ..
Is there any way you can help me Identify the part I need ? Here's a picture of the BC ..seems to be in good condition ..other than the leak ... I just don't care for the "new" weight Integrated BC's
Thanks for any help you can give ...sorry this is so Long ... Don

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 36
If it has a part number I can get it. Feel free to DM me if you get stuck.
Thank You for the reply and the nice offer to help ....Trouble is ..I have no part # and am not sure if this takes an o ring or a flat rubber gasket .. I think it takes a gasket .. 1/8 thick o ring is to thick .. I have tried a bunch and have 2 more on order .. I tried making a pattern from paper then cutting it out of rubber ...just cannot cut something that small into a round shape ... I have a digital caliper ..have taken measurements ..scoured the internet ...no luck so far ...

Attachments

• 20230517_171000.jpg
    20230517_171000.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 35
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom