Bcd leak at hose connection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@MR12111 - Okay, you got me to go climb in my garage attic:

1684604062662.jpeg

1684604086067.jpeg

1684604221487.jpeg

It is an o-ring that goes in the channel/recess of the elbow. Take the hose/elbow to a hardware store and find one that fits...

1684604062662.jpeg

1684604086067.jpeg

1684604221487.jpeg

It is an o-ring that goes in the channel/recess of the elbow. Take the hose/elbow to a hardware store and find one that fits...
Oh My God ..You're my Hero ...Any chance you can measure that ? I have been to the Hardware store and have found 1 that "seals?" but is to small to fill the channel/recess ..so it doesn't contact the corrugated pipe fitting real well ..could? blow out ... I filled the BC till the overpressure valve went off and it didn't leak ..... still .. I'd like to have the 1 that goes there .. Inside and outside diameter and thickness would/might help ... I wasn't even sure if it took an o ring or flat gasket .. Thanks Again thats the most progress I've had in 3 days .. Don

1684604062662.jpeg

1684604086067.jpeg

1684604221487.jpeg

Jeesh ...I looked closer at your photo and where the o ring is ...is different from where I thought it should be ... I was trying to find 1 that fit in the groove on the BC side ... From your Picture it looks like I need 1 that fits inside ths corrugated hose piece .... I thought that surface just outside of the o ring in this picture was the sealing surface ... Trouble was I had no reference ... Thanks to you I now do ... Off to try and find that size ... Thanks Again ..Don ..

Sorry, I'm not going back up there as I almost injured myself, twice....

and the batteries in my caliper are deceased...

A caliper will give you the outside by measuring the recess. You can get the inside by measuring the bottom shoulder in the BC socket. Thickness is the depth of the recess in the elbow...

best of luck!

It goes in the elbow:

1684609113874.png

If I ever get to Jupiter, you owe me a bourbon 🥃
Booze . Food ...whatever ..Thank You Very Much ...It's fixed .. With your help ... I was trying to put an o ring on the BC side instead of in the neck piece .. I was a tech. back in the 80's but couldn't for the life of me ..remember what sealed this ... I would have been struggling for days without your help ..Now to get in the pool and see if my old bones can still do this ... Thanks Again ...Your a Lifesaver ...

Attachments

• 20230520_153417.jpg
    20230520_153417.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 33
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom