BCD for wife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

demisvmax

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi there everybody! I just bought a used Zeagle Ranger for me and I am so excited that I am considering to buy one for my wife as well. She tried mine and she liked it. Soon she will try it in the water too. Any women using the Ranger? Or should I consider something more female (Zena, Lazer).
By the way, greetings from Cyprus, Med!
Jim

I've seen quite a few women diving Rangers, so if your wife likes yours and it fits her well, she shouldn't hesitate to go for it. Fit is everything IMO and you shouldn't get hung up on whether its a "men's or women's" BC. On the other hand, if she has the opportunity to try on a LaZer or Zena, it might be an interesting comparison for her. Keep in mind that the Zena is unlike any other BC on the market, basically being a corset with a wing attached. The LaZer is more like the Ranger.

Hello,
I also use a Ranger. After doing some careful research I decided to take the chance and buy my girlfriend a Zeagle Concept II. It was a good call, she loves it. We took a half an hour and disassembled it and put it back together to fit every part of for her torso. I am very impressed what this BC can do. The other nice part...if she isnt diving and if anyone needs a BC we have one that will fit them. Check out the video on the Zeagle website.
Good Luck
O

I can't speak for the Zeagle product line-up but I would definitely let her try stuff outside of the female realm.

Consider how much weight she will need to use because I find weight distribution for shore walks a bigger issue than finding a bc fits my curves...

My shorter, extra adipose tissue dive buddy loves her ranger.

Thanks everybody. Your comments are much appreciated!

I just got her a LaZer for a very good price! Thanks again for your feedback.

We tried to barely used BC's for my wife. A Zeagle Escape and a women specific BC I forget what kind. She liked the Escape better.

Back
Top Bottom