BCD CLEANER

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 for the use of the Salt Off cleaners. All of my gear gets sprayed down with a sprayer bottle solution mixed with it after saltwater, especially anything metal. A pump garden sprayer works great for this. While I have only been using it for a short while on my dive gear, I have been using it for years on my saltwater boat, fishing gear, and to run through my outboards water intake as a Fall treatment. Works awesome.
Yep. Fully agree. I have an on-hose mixer and also have a pump up garden sprayer. The sprayer is mainly used at the boat ramp for the trailer. I spray the wheels, axles, brakes, and other parts after I launch the boat. I figure that's better than baking the salt water in during the day.

When the boat is retrieved and at the house, I use the on-hose mixer to spray down the trailer as well as run through the outboards. I run through with the Salt Off first, then finish with plain water rinse.

Yes, that will work. Definitely better than trying to pour water down the corrugated hose by holding the manual inflate.

Why would someone do that instead of unscrewing a dump valve and pouring water there?

Why would someone do that instead of unscrewing a dump valve and pouring water there?
Depends on the dump valve. IIRC, ScubaPro BCs need a tool to unscrew the dump valve. For what it’s worth, I did unscrew the valve before my current BC. However, I’ve seen plenty of divers that pour through the inflator, slosh, dump, repeat.

Regardless, either pouring doing into the inflator, or unscrewing a valve is more work and less thorough than the method BlackCrusader or I mentioned.

Diving with a friend in Bali soon and we were discussing our preparations of our dive equipment.

As many of you know I like to clean my BCD bladder in case I may need to use it for redundancy features as well as basic maintenance.

My dive buddy bought this in the UK.

View attachment 735098
Cool

Back
Top Bottom