BC Reliability Question For Everyone:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Norm

Reaction score
(Excluding hoses, LP inflators and fittings) Has Anyone Ever Had A BC Bladder To Rupture/Fail During A Dive?
(If so, would you share?) Thanks.
Norm

It wasn't mine, but a friend's - it was only 23 years old... remember when baby blue was a popular color? Anyway, when his failed it was like the one horse shay - it split along the seam and basically fell apart. Still, I think 23 years ain't bad.
Rick :)

I knew it was way old (it had the CO2 inflator system), but when I inflated it manually, we heard a soft pop... I smiled at the owner and said... "I don't think this is a BC anymore" I handed him the BC and started to leave. Then he started yelling at me and wanted me to buy it since *I* destroyed it. I just kept walking and got into my truck and drove off. He didn't have a clue.

Didn't happen to me, but I saw a Sherwood Shadow blow a seam on the surface. Guy looked surprised, popped his reg in his mouth, and dropped his weightbelt.

Sherwood warranty sent him BCD of his choice.

No explanation as to why seam let go.

AND...Saw a guy intentionally rupture one of those stretchy kevlar Dacor jobbies. Capped the blowoff, and used a ds valve to inflate. Took a LOT of pressure (like 450 psi)

Don't ask me why. People do strange things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom