BC inflator connection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dennisgrimm

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, who knows what the standard BC inflator fitting is called? Schrader? Seatec connection? what?

I am looking to buy a couple so that I can hook up air tools etc and I don't want to but a silly tire filler or air nozzle when I just want the connector. I plan on connecting a low pressure connector to a standard air hose quick connect so that I can run a hose to air tools and tire inflator for when I take my truck off roading. Since I already have everything I need from diving, I just need the $2 connector to make this possible.

Know any websites that sell this item? Stores? I have looked at McMaster without luck.

dennisgrimm:
Ok, who knows what the standard BC inflator fitting is called? Schrader? Seatec connection? what?
I am looking to buy a couple so that I can hook up air tools etc and I don't want to but a silly tire filler or air nozzle when I just want the connector. I plan on connecting a low pressure connector to a standard air hose quick connect so that I can run a hose to air tools and tire inflator for when I take my truck off roading. Since I already have everything I need from diving, I just need the $2 connector to make this possible.
Know any websites that sell this item? Stores? I have looked at McMaster without luck.

The only adaptor I know you can use has the BC fitting on one side and 1/4" NPT on the other. You can either screw it directly onto the tool, or into a QD.
They're about 5 bucks at a dive shop or mail order.

The Schraeder valve is what's INSIDE the hose. Exactly like a car valve core.

Neil

Okay, 7 bucks from Leisurepro. Looks like

this:

Neil

That is exactly what I meant. Do you know what the BCD side of the fitting is called?

I would like to find them either locally or for cheaper than $5/unit.

Keep in mind you might have to drop the IP from your first stage.

If you want to contact some folks with lots of experience in this area, get ahold of the boat racing emergency crews, they run air-powerd tools underwater to free drivers (captains doesn't quite sound right :)) from their overturned boats. I remember Immersed, Deep Tech or Advanced Diver (ok, I vaugely remember :)) had an article on this years ago...

Roak

dennisgrimm:
That is exactly what I meant. Do you know what the BCD side of the fitting is called?
I would like to find them either locally or for cheaper than $5/unit.

I've never seen it called anything but a standard BC fitting. In the past there have been a couple of different diameter fittings, both narrower and wider, but this is this is the standard now. There are also a couple of non-standard sizes used by specific brands for integrated alternate air sources, like Scubapro and Apex.

Neil

Back
Top Bottom