bc for "large" women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am particularly large in the bust, and second the vote for Zeagle Ranger as i have one ald love it, or backplate/ wing set up - basically anything that is back inflate and not jacket style and does not compress an area that is already challenged by tight wetsuits gets my vote!

Congrats on your weight loss. I am in the 'process' of being certified and am having major probs with bouyancy. All your comments are very helpful!! Mostly, I want to know how you lost the 60 and how long it took? Thanks!!

Dee:
I'm another fan of the backplate/wing BC's. I started with a SeaQuest Quick Draw jacket BC which was a nightmare. Next was a Zeagle Concept which I loved. You could get different modules for a better fit, ie. small shoulders, large waist, etc. But it wasn't until I tried a BP/wing that I got a truly custom fit. I have a FredT alum BP and Deep outdoors 30#wing, a DiveRite Deluxe harness. It fits like a glove for less cost than a 'regular' BC.

I've recently lost about 60#. In a regular BC, that would have meant buying a new one. As it is, I've adjusted the shoulder and waist webbing to keep that custom fit. Another plus for the BP/wing set-up is I can add the kind of pockets and integrated weight system I like, not take what someone else decided I would use.

Another plus is after you've been diving awhile, your tastes and needs will change. This usually leads to folks having to totally replace their BC. If you're using a BP/wing, you just add or subtract D-rings, pockets, etc. to address your current needs. You do NOT have to be a 'technical' diver in order to use a BP/wing.

All of this is sooooo helpful to someone with bouyancy issues!! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom