Travel BC owners, why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would guess a large # of people with travel BC's have that as there only BC rather than one of 2+. In that context you get a BC that fits the diving you do, which means that if all (or the vast majority) of your diving is warm water that you have to travel for, the lightweight compact nature of a travel BC is appealing.
This is why I got mine (LiteHawk). I live in MA but only dive in Asian tropics where I work. I have a 3mm wetsuit that I mostly wear just to block the jellyfish stings and sea urchins. The 2 or 3 times I dove here at home were shallow dives and I rented a 7mm suit and wore 22lbs of weight. It wasn’t the most comfortable but it was ok.

I do admit if I was going to choose something now I would probably get a bp/w. I think I had 10 dives total when I bought the litehawk and honestly didn’t know what a bp/w was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom