Bauer Mariner Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Killer&Griller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just bought a Mariner that I haven't set up yet. My intent was to blend instead of partial fills. I am wondering if I am going to have a problem doing so since it only has 3 stages instead of 4.

A repair shop that services B said that they don't recommend it without much reasoning.

My guess is because of heat in the 3rd stage. I have talked with a few others that run smaller B compressors and haven't had an issue.

Will it be a problem and if so, what will it be?

My Capitano pumps 36% voodoo gas. No problemo. The compressor uses Ultrachem Omnilube 455 food grade which is a 30W synthetic mineral oil. However, I think a lot of Bauers are run on Ultrachem Chemlube 751 (40W) diester or Ultrachem 800 triester. In any case, modern synthetic oils seem to do well with Nitrox. Perhaps the compressor oil should be changed more frequently with EAN service. Don't pump the stuff in stifling hot conditions and don't run NITROX with break in oil. That's the word.
Pesky

Thanks for the heads up. Agree on the hot conditions. Shop I bought it from did the break in along with the change to synthetic. Filled with Ultrachem now if I am not mistaken. I figured I would do the service at the 75% recommended time just to offset the blending.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom