Bauer M-G compressor anyone heard of it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kancho

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone heard of this compressor? Also at an output PSI at 2400? I saw couple one said 5000 the other 2400. Bauer M-G. Can anyone tell me if it is worth purchasing?

That depends. If you are referring to the Mariner gasoline engine powered compressor. Yes and yes.

anyway to increase the output psi safely?

Beats me. Stop talking into your sleeve and tell us what you have. Pics and links might help.

some one was selling a Bauer MG compressor for a really good price but I need it to goto 3200 psi. before I spend the money i wanted to know if it can be converted/tweaked to go that high safely. That is all.

Thanks

some one was selling a Bauer MG compressor for a really good price but I need it to goto 3200 psi. before I spend the money i wanted to know if it can be converted/tweaked to go that high safely. That is all.

Thanks

Mariners can go to 4400 psi. That one could be "tweaked" but it could cost you big bucks or not depending on what is wrong with it. I cannot fathom how we are supposed to answer hypothetical questions while being told nothing about the machine. What if somebody asked you a similar question; "Hey, all, I can get a good deal on a Mercedes but it will only go 40 mph. Can it be tweaked to go faster?"

As Pesky says, we need more details. As an example, if it is a bare-bones machine with a Triplex filtration tower, yes the safety can be adjusted, However, if it also has auto-stop, the pressure switch will have to be adjusted as well or replaced if the adjustment range is less than the desired shut-off pressure.

Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom