Battle of the Bulges jed+4 vs. ScubakevDM!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are any of you guys eating small little to no fat meals balanced with a serving of carbs, protein and Vegtables 6 times a day? Because if you don't do this or something similar your bodies will never get out of the catabloic stage(fat storing) and into the anabolic stage(fat burning, muscle building). Remeber you can't eat 6 steaks a day and lose weight lol its all balanced not only by portion control but also by caloric intake. Do your exercises first thing in the morning (after you drink some water), this will not only draw more on your fat reserves but also raises your metabolisim for the rest of the day...
I disagree here and say you should be including fats in your meals. Eating low carb diets are fairly effective at inducing fat loss because any carbs your body doesn't use as energy (glycogen) will be stored as fat tissue. The key with carbs is eating them at those times your body will use them and not store them. For example, eating your carbs before and after a workout and earlier in the day are ideal times when your body will need that energy.

I don't recommend not eating before a strength training workout. Your body will need a lot of energy to be effective and your muscles prefer the energy they get from carbs. If that's not available your body will switch to burning fat tissue, however this isn't an effective process and will leave your performance lacking in the weight room.

Been almost a month, how is everything going guys?

I weighed in a couple of days ago at 114.7 kg (252.87 lbs). I have been moving, and haven't brought the scale up to the new place yet. I also started smoking again.

112.8kg=248.16lbs. I've set up the bowflex in the new place and have been using it regularly for about a month now. I've been growing my arms and chest, and the belly continues to shrink as far as I can tell. I'm about ready to go to a smaller belt. My old one is on its skinniest notch and is starting to get loose. That's about a 4" spread from the notch I used to use.

way to go kev! keep it up

Get a hole punch... Having thebelt wrap around is a daily reminder....

Back
Top Bottom