Battery Chargers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moray48:
Do camera battery chargers have any problems ? Is the current 110 there ?

Jim
Where...?! The Caribe includes 26 countries, several dozen islands, various cultures and infrastuctures, etc. The answer is probly yes, but I don't know where you want to go...?

A lot of the newer chargers are "universal voltage" Look for a rating that reads "50-60 HZ, 100-240V" on the case of the battery charger or the power supply. In this case, all you need to do is find a suitable adapter to plug into the wall.

DandyDon:
Where...?! The Caribe includes 26 countries, several dozen islands, various cultures and infrastuctures, etc. The answer is probly yes, but I don't know where you want to go...?
ABC islands forum so that narrows it down a little...assuming correct forum.

Damselfish:
ABC islands forum so that narrows it down a little...assuming correct forum.
My apologies, moray48. :blush: I saw this as the top thread in the Caribbean forum - didn't know it had been spit up. Makes a lot of sense, just hadn't noticed.

ABC kinda narrows it down to one country/culture, huh?

Thanks Damsel. :silly: I need a nap now.

moray48:
Is the current 110 there ?
Yes, but it's 110/50HZ on Bonaire/Curacao vs. 120/60HZ here. For flash battery chargers it's recommended to use a transformer. On Bonaire some of the diveshops provide them on-site free.

Camcorder/laptop chargers shouldn't be a problem, at least mine weren't.

You might need adapters, Sharper Image sells a set. On Bonaire our condo was dual wired so we didn't although the plug was kind of odd shaped with a reverse "L" on the top. But the bottom two slots were U.S. spaced.

Anything like a blowdryer will run hot and might be damaged.

btw it's voltage...if the "current" was 110 amps that would be a whole different problem. :D

Oops,
I thought The question about the battery charger would be posted under Bonaire,
I forgot it was the A B C island forum. anyways sounds like there shouldn't be a problem. we will be there first week of April anyone know water Temps ?

Jim

moray48:
Oops,
I forgot it was the A B C island forum. anyways sounds like there shouldn't be a problem. we will be there first week of April anyone know water Temps ?

Jim

Check in with the dive shop if you are staying at a place that has one. They will often have dedicated outlets for chargers.

Current water temp is 79-80. Should be a solid 80 by then.

moray48:
Oops,

Jim

At 16:24:25 on 02/26/07
Current Bonaire Temperatures are:

Water: 82.5°F / 28.1°C
Air: 84.1°F / 28.9°C

Courtesy of the
Bonaire WebCams

Frank - I think Susan's figures would be more accurate as they have had a lot of problems with the water temp sensor and I don't know if it is with the reef cam or shallower. We had lows of 77F last month.

Back
Top Bottom