battery change on suunto stinger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you asking me?

Hi there! :)

Yes, I was asking you - and thank you very much for the prompt reply! So, seems they do what they say then - and I've heard that there should be no problem with the pressure test, so I'll order and fingers crossed!

Frankly, while I like my Stinger... I'd rather try this, and if it don't work, I'll get another computer - rather than the annoyance of always having to fork out 45 Euros, and even worse... risking to get stranded (no pun....) in case there's no one that can do the swap where I happen to be diving!

Cheers, and happy summer !

Hi, I am considering getting the kit from Germany to at €25, according to the photos in the link, the bezel is of a different type (older model?). Can the tool be used to open the newer bezel? Thanks!!

Do you have a Stinger? Please post up a pic of your dive watch. I haven't been following along for a while, but IIRC there was only one bezel on the Stinger.

Hi, I am considering getting the kit from Germany to at €25, according to the photos in the link, the bezel is of a different type (older model?). Can the tool be used to open the newer bezel? Thanks!!

Hi mweitz, the reference you mentioned from smartinterface shows the tool opening the bezel that is different from mine. The Suunto stinger I have is the usual one you see when you google Suunto Stinger. Sorry I don't know how to post a pic here. My concern is whether the wrench by smartinterface can open my watch. Thanks for your time!!

Hi mweitz, the reference you mentioned from smartinterface shows the tool opening the bezel that is different from mine. The Suunto stinger I have is the usual one you see when you google Suunto Stinger. Sorry I don't know how to post a pic here. My concern is whether the wrench by smartinterface can open my watch. Thanks for your time!!

Here is a picture of the kit and the watch.

Attachments

• StingerKit.jpg
    StingerKit.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 650
  • stinger.jpg
    stinger.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 583
I emailed the seller(smartinterface), they say so far no issues encountered from other buyers. I guess it should be ok. Thanks!!

If you have the watch in the picture I posted, the kit is the one I posted next to it, you will be good to go.

Best,

Mark

Thanks Mark, that certainly clears any doubts I have. I can now proceed to buy the tool. Thanks again.

Regards
Rob

11. most importantly, on the face of the computer there is a tiny reset button. use a needle or paperclip to press. I missed this and spent two days wondering why the 'ACW' was dsplayed permanently. I emailed Suunto and they said it must be defective and post it back to Finland!!!!

Hi seanpretty,

Thanks for posting this solution as I am experiencing this same problem with my recent battery change.

I have one more question for you if you wouldn't mind: By pressing the internal 'tiny reset button', does this clear the History of the dive computer or is the Memory still intact?

Thanks in advance.
Regards

Solar.rave: I don´t know if pressing the reset button will clear your diving history. However, I have reasons to believe that will not make the ACW sign go away (which, incidentally, eats up on your battery pretty fast because it means the computer is in dive mode). If you try it and does not work, post the results. I have cured three stingers with the same problem and it ain´t the reset button.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom