Battery Canisters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

350xfire

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Here are some custom built canisters. Now that OMS has discontinued their BCA-298, I was forced to come up with a solution. These are CNC machined, triple o-ring sealed, inspired by the BCA-298 but with some "upgrades" to make it easier to build a canister light battery canister:
Price $80 plus shipping and paypal... For the first 10 orders, shipping is free!
Thanks

Attachments

• can2.jpg
    can2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 328
  • can1.jpg
    can1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 303
What is the interior diameter and length? Am looking for something 2.75" diameter minimum and at least 4.5" long. Thanks.

About 2" ID! How many batteries and what size do you need in there? I can get up to 10 18650.

can you build 1 of these for a nite rider 6v i have everything except the battery canister.

can you build 1 of these for a nite rider 6v i have everything except the battery canister.

Sure, just need to know what specifics you need (switch, gland, etc). What is the diameter of the battery pack and depth?
Thanks

Sure, just need to know what specifics you need (switch, gland, etc). What is the diameter of the battery pack and depth?
Thanks

That is over 2 inches in width so you need a much bigger can than I have. These are custom machined in batches so to do just one will be expensive. Look into ikelite or pelican or some of the other waterproof box and case manufacturers.
Thanks

what if we do away with the existing lid and use the cord and light head with your can.
That is over 2 inches in width so you need a much bigger can than I have. These are custom machined in batches so to do just one will be expensive. Look into ikelite or pelican or some of the other waterproof box and case manufacturers.
Thanks

what if we do away with the existing lid and use the cord and light head with your can.

Yes, that's what I would do. Remove your old lid and use mine... Can you post a picture of what you have or send to hector@tlslights.com? Thanks

BTW, the comment about the only 2" wide canister was for the member asking about the signal device.. Sorry...

Just got done testing one of the canisters with only 1 O ring on each cap (designed for 3) and it passed leak test to 265'.

Back
Top Bottom