Batik Air pilots fell asleep mid-flight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were not allowed to fly on domestic carriers while in Indonesia on business back in the last millennia.

So it happens also in Europe.
I'm sure it happens everywhere. Easily fixed with eye monitoring systems like some cars already have - i'm actually surprised they have not added this as it would be quite easy to fall asleep when at cruise altitude and the plane is on full autopilot and the crew is just monitoring instruments.

We were not allowed to fly on domestic carriers while in Indonesia on business back in the last millennia.
So no domestic travel at all?

I've flown LionAir and booked on Batik Air to Komodo next month once I arrive on Bali

So no domestic travel at all?

I've flown LionAir and booked on Batik Air to Komodo next month once I arrive on Bali
Had to use the train system from Jakarta across Java.

Indo going to indo.

I sweat bullets, on any flight east of Europe.

Is that because the pilots aren’t all white and speak funny languages?

I am very concerned flying US carriers, aged aircraft. Aged air crews, aged engineering professionals and a preference for Boeing planes. Although saying that Indo airlines are the ones I avoid, even Garuda was banned from European airspace for years as they did not meet European standards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom