BathTub Reef Video Report 6-9-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve -- another great post about walking on the reef there. I personally took a niece and nephew in law there snorkeling at the inshore line years ago as they are yankees and had limited snorkeling abilities. They were estatic and in awe of the stuff I pointed out to them. In shore I'd take the youngest of children there to point out small sub inch fishes and crabs in the rocks!! Great place to take absolute novices to see the wonders of the Sea.

Steve, where do you put in at bathtub. I recently just snorkeled past the reef for the first time last week, even though I have been here for over 15 years. I went in across from the old concession stand and found a place where I could swim over the reef. I looked at the unguarded beach access just to the north and thought it might be a good place to go in and just swim south right to the outside of the reef so I don't have to cross over the reef. Do you know if this entry is good?

Steve, where do you put in at bathtub. I recently just snorkeled past the reef for the first time last week, even though I have been here for over 15 years. I went in across from the old concession stand and found a place where I could swim over the reef. I looked at the unguarded beach access just to the north and thought it might be a good place to go in and just swim south right to the outside of the reef so I don't have to cross over the reef. Do you know if this entry is good?

personally, I like to put in at the south entrance at bathtub, and crossover the reef just south of that where its deeper. Stuart Rocks (one beach north of Bathtub) is a nice place to put in if you have a kayak and can paddle down to bathtub. In general, the reef gets better the further south you go.

Edit: Just remembered, Stuart Rocks SUCKS to launch kayaks! You have to carry them over the boardwalk and down a flight of stairs. We did it and had a great time, but it wasnt easy... LOL ***...

Last edited:
I'm a Michigander who is going to be in the area on my honeymoon and I'm looking for places to take my wife snorkeling.

Would someone be willing to help me out by showing me on google maps where to park and where the good spots on the reef are?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom