Basic small non-rusting knife for Tropical waters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can someone recommend a basic non-rusting knife for Tropical waters that I can keep in my BCD pocket?

Thanks,

Sy

I like the Halcyon one

sharp, has a line cutter and also is blunt on the end so you can use as a screwdriver, it is perfect for screwing in the camera to the housing plate.

I love my wenoka squeeze lock titanium knife.

I bought one of these:

Knife-Harness-Yellow [Knife-Harness-Yellow] - $15.00 : Tech Diving Limited - Home of Nautilus Dive Planner

Great knife, great price, and I like the simple sheath, that sits nicely on my waist belt where I can reach it with either hand. The blade seems to go through the whole handle, and a bit of the steel pokes out of the end of handle, should you want to use it as a tank banger or other light knocking duty.

Also, TDL is a great online retailer as well. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Henrik

I've got the same knife but with an orange handle, older one, sold as a 'paramedic' type blade. Works like a champ.

If you're truly looking for a knife to "keep in your BC pocket", look for a folder. Flat, small, and comparatively fewer issues involving length and bulk compared to sticking a sheath knife in your BC pocket.

FWIW. YMMV.

I carry a Spyderco Salt, and have not had any issues with rust. It has kept it's edge, and stayed very solid feeling. I couldn't want more from a folding knife. :: Spyderco Product Details ::

Just picked up a Spyderco Saver Salt on eBay. Do you have a sheath that you'd recommend? I'd like to attach it to my 2" belt at waist instead of pocket.

B-n-B

Back
Top Bottom