Basic Necklace Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AaronR103:
Anyone know where I might find shock cord for the necklace, preferably not on the internet? Getting tired of paying shipping charges on a $7 purchace. Tried Home Depot, no go. Thanks.

A

Most sailboat dealers and marine supply stores will have it, but it might not be black.

I dislike that shipping charge on a small order too. But I can usually find more things I need so I don't have to feel bad.

AaronR103:
Anyone know where I might find shock cord for the necklace, preferably not on the internet? Getting tired of paying shipping charges on a $7 purchace. Tried Home Depot, no go. Thanks.

A

REI has it (if you have one)
I use the thinner bungee/shock cord and it seems to work just fine.
Make it short enough so you can (in theory) get it into your mouth w/out needed your hands. I've never had a problem with it underwater.

Duh.... I can't read apparently. Sorry.

AaronR103:

A

Camping stores, they have them for all sorts of reasons, mine was supposed to be for hanging wet laundry, $3.99, on the internet it sells for 2.90 if my memory serves me right.
The exact model is Coghlan's Clothesline pegless bungee.

fabric stores, some hardware stores have do it yourself bungee sections, Home depot has so badd @$$ flourescent plaid looking bungee, but if the gauge is thin enough then they're too short... Id kinda like to have a wild looking necklace

My suggestion on length is to make it as short as you can and still not feel the reg poking you in the neck or chin while standing on dry land. It ought to hang/droop below your chin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom