Baseball Fans Unite!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime:
I'm excited about the upcoming season for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Azusa and Cucamonga.

Hey, I've got a novel idea....just go back to calling them the (drum roll).....
CALIFORNIA ANGELS!!

Actually, they were the Los Angeles Angels before that. The local Pacific Coast League team was the L.A. Angels until the Dodgers moved here. In 1962, the American League expanded and added the Los Angeles Angels. They played their home games at Dodger Stadium until Anaheim Stadium was completed, then changed their name to the California Angels when they moved. After Disney bought the team they became the Anaheim Angels in part to promote Disney's other attractions in the city, the Mighty Ducks, Disneyland and California Adventure. New owner Arte Moreno, being an advertising wiz is using the Los Angeles name to capitalize on the larger fan base of the L.A./Orange County area.

LOL....yes, I know all this. I barely remember them being the LA Angels. So they were the California Angels all the time I was growing up. In addition, I wish they would go back to wearing the navy blue caps with red bills and the white halo on top... :D

They were some of the coolest caps in the history of baseball

If anyone would be interested in playing ESPN Baseball Challenge with me this year, please let me know. I turned my group into a fantasy league last year, complete with divisions and playoffs. It will probably be sometime in mid-to-late March before the details are finalized.

14 Years

true baseball fans will know what I mean. I am expecting the streak to go on! :eyebrow:

Harry Caray's will now serve the Bartman ball in a sauce over spaghetti.
They will grind the remains of the ball and serve it to the lucky Cubs fan that win a change to eat it.
Now I have heard EVERYTHING!

I heard about that today......YUCK!!! :11:

yukoneer:
14 Years

true baseball fans will know what I mean. I am expecting the streak to go on! :eyebrow:

Since the last Minnesota Twins championship?

Back
Top Bottom