Barodontalgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
my protocol in master degree in dentistry, endodontic department, in barodontalgia, specially the effect of pressure on microleakage of different sealing materials, so please if any body know any thing about that issue, please contact me or send yours contact through

aelmekkawi@hotmail.com
aelmekkawi@gmail.com

You may also get some private messages on these boards in addition to your email.

I am no expert on pressure effects on teeth, but can relate a story to you from first hand experience that relates to the topic. I know of a child that had a pulpotomy performed and that was covered with a stainless steel crown. The child ascended Pikes Peak ( a mountain in Colorado, USA) to above 14,000 feet with no problems. On descending, however, the child experienced tremendous pain in that tooth which resolved with time. I can imagine the potential for much more dramatic effects due to diving.

I've not seen "tooth squeeze" addressed much in these forums. Perhaps we should use the search function.

Endodontic procedures that have not been completed would seem to me to have the most potential for creating painful problems for divers. Especially if a cotton pellet is left in place in a pulp chamber and sealed over with some sort of temporary filling and without the canal being obturated.

DAN's magazine addressed dental issues and diving recently, but I was disappointed in the generalities they made. Basically they said, "If you have had dental work done don't dive for a while". I suppose that it is best to err on the side of caution, but I would not hesitate to dive after almost any dental procedure except certain endodontic procedures and extractions where an oral-antral perforation was possible.

I'd be some members of these boards could chime in with their own first or second hand experiences with "tooth squeeze".

Digger, D.D.S.

Last edited:
thnx dear degger for your post, basically my search in the micro-leakage after obturation, comparing different type of sealing materials, as i conseder no air traped inside and the dilma is about the dentinal selar interface

Back
Top Bottom