Barge crash in St Lawrence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calcium Chrloride mmmmmm maybe it will spark fresh water coral growth.

Mr Adams

Warren_L:
CaCl would not increase the nitrogen in the water. The biological impact of Ca and Cl would be different than nitrogen fertilizer.

It is readily apparent to someone who read my post I was not making the direct link but instead offering another example of an, "Oh don't worry!", approach to water (sorry that is H20 to you) resource management when I mentioned nitrogen and fertalizers.

Can the lame periodical table nerd stuff will yah. It doesn't float here.

No need to worry, the stuff is harmless is small amounts. I use to add it to my salt water aquarium to increase the calcium levels some time back.

Mr A

d33ps1x:
It is readily apparent to someone who read my post I was not making the direct link but instead offering another example of an, "Oh don't worry!", approach to water (sorry that is H20 to you) resource management when I mentioned nitrogen and fertalizers.

Can the lame periodical table nerd stuff will yah. It doesn't float here.
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. But I think you also misunderstood what I was getting at. I am not suggesting that the dumping of chemicals in the lake in general is acceptable since it will get diluted away, but rather that the specific substance in this instance, CaCl, is likely not to be harmful given this one instance. So unless it was constantly happening, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Mr Adams:
No need to worry, the stuff is harmless is small amounts. I use to add it to my salt water aquarium to increase the calcium levels some time back.

Mr A

Chief Science Officer Warren_L declares it to be safe but without any reason as why his claim should be considered the truth.

I can blurt out that I have discovered cold fusion but people would expect me to back my claim somehow.

d33ps1x:
Chief Science Officer Warren_L declares it to be safe but without any reason as why his claim should be considered the truth.

I can blurt out that I have discovered cold fusion but people would expect me to back my claim somehow.
I'm not sure what I did to piss you off d33ps1x, and for that I apologize.

I was just suggesting that given the quantity of CaCl compared to the amount of water in the seaway, the concentrations would be so dilute that it probably wouldn amount to much of an impact. I in no way am saying that this is the gospel truth.

It is safe to you and me while underwater, but the dust from Calcium Chloride is rather caustic and one mans opinion means nothing in todays world.

Cheers

Mr A

Mr Adams:
and one mans opinion means nothing in todays world.

And a woman's opinion means everything.... Just ask "L".

Mr Adams:
It is safe to you and me while underwater, but the dust from Calcium Chloride is rather caustic and one mans opinion means nothing in todays world.

Cheers

Mr A
Yep, you are right. So is the dust from NaCl. But if it is as dilute as it is, then it shouln't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom