Bare Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Bare 7mm arctic. I was thinking I owuld need a custum suit until I tried it on and it fits like a glove, comfortable also.

StSomewhere:
They actually charge your credit card in CDN$ though, which may result in hidden charges depending on your bank or credit card company. The way around that is to pay them via PayPal in US$, linked to whatever account you choose. FYI.

My transactions came throught at the online prices on my US credit card. Call and speak with Shannen if you are concerned.

Pete

Hello

Just an fyi the SGS suits are discontinued, they are being replaced with the 7/6 velocity. So, your two choices for a one piece 7mm are the Artic and the Velocity. Both can be had with a hooded vest for extra warmth. The Velocity has a bit more strech, so it is easier to get on and off and is a little more comfortable.

Paul

I have a 7mm Arctic SGS full suit and a 7 mm Arctic SGS hooded shortie as well as a pair of coldwater kevlar 5mm gloves, and love everything. Fits well, stays very warm, and it is good looking suit as well. Having used both the SGS and the non-SGS suites, i recomment the SGS drys in a snap and is easier to put on by a long shot. If you can afford the extra dough, it is worth it for sure. I think they are discontinuing the SGS line after this year, but i am not sure about this. A rep at BARE mentioned it to me on the phone earler this year, but i am not sure if they are just going to call the line something else or get rid of it.

Bottom line: I recommend.

I've had 3 Bare wetsuits and 1 Bare Drysuit. I always thought they were a well made suit, but the wetsuit zippers don't last.

StSomewhere:
They actually charge your credit card in CDN$ though, which may result in hidden charges depending on your bank or credit card company. The way around that is to pay them via PayPal in US$, linked to whatever account you choose. FYI.

Divetank charge me correct amount but my VISA chaged 3% extra :sad_2:
Great info...using paypal. :wink: Thanks.

StSomewhere:

I called them and asked about this as well, he said (Richard) if there was any additional charge at all from what is advertised to call them and they will credit you back that amount.

BrianS:
I called them and asked about this as well, he said (Richard) if there was any additional charge at all from what is advertised to call them and they will credit you back that amount.

From my experince with Richard you can take that to the bank.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom