Bare Trilam tech dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spc751

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have experience with the Bare Trilam tech dry suit (not the HD model)? I want to replace my neo with something a lot lighter and am looking at this suit and the Whites Fusion Tech. There is a lot of info about the Whites and almost nothing about this Bare.

Two of the shops I deal with DO NOT like Whites but really like Bare. The third shop I deal with sells almost nothing but Whites. All the instructors dive whites and all their rental suits are Whites.

I am going to rent a Whites and see how I like it but no one rents a Bare trilam tech. They will rent me a Bare Nexgen which they say dives the same.

I want a self entry and do not have a lot of money to spend. I would get a Santi if I had a lot of money.

FWIW while shopping for my first drysuit a few weeks back, the Trilam Tech does not have much "off the rack" sizes compared to the HD Tech. If I am not mistaken, they also do not offer MTM on this suit. What I did like on the suit was the crotch strap which looks less likely to cause problem then the ATR system.

If you can try one on before buying and it ends up fitting well, I guess you would end up with a great suit.

As for the Santi (which i ended up buying) is not really that expensive if you need to add all the extras like pockets, crotch pad, kevlar knee pads and a decent hood. But again, you might not need those extras. Buying in Quebec came to a few hundred dollars difference for a off the rack size that fits me really well with Santi. Again, it all depends if you fit in the suit.

I tried on a ML and it fit very well. The price of the suit is $1200 plus extras (the only thing I would add is pockets). Sometimes it is on sale for $1000. I cannot find the fusion tech for less than $1500 so the bare is cheaper. I think I would be happy either suit. I just have to try both and see.

I've been diving the Bare Trilam Tec Dry for the last year or so. It has served me very well and really shows only minimal wear. I had a very minor issue a month or so ago with some seepage in one of the feet that turned out to be a seam where it was glued together. It was easily fixed with some neoprene glue. The only modification I did was to glue on a pocket where I keep my finger reel. It is easy to get into or out of by yourself and the TiZip is so much easier than the regular brass zippers. Fit is key to comfort. If you can find one that fits well, it is an expensive (relatively) dry suit that works great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom