Bare trilam hd tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Three dives with mine. I love the bomber-proff feel. It is a little stiff at first, but it seems to be loosening up. The stiffest place so far seems to be in the chest by the shoulders and at the front of the knees.

I do recommend getting a custom fit, even though I fit pretty well in a stock medium, the extra money would have given me the extra room only where I needed it. If you do go for the custom fit, make sure that the one doing the measuring knows what (s)he is doing.

The usual way of dumping a suit using the "chicken wing" method, is not really feasible. I find it easier to "flex my bicep" to vent upon ascent.

All in all I like it. I went with the Velcro pockets and added a balanced pee valve. It suits me well, I believe.

Awesome suit! I have had one for the past year. It's bulletproof and bone dry. Haven't seen a wreck yet that's even put a scratch on it. I've put about 100 dives on mine in about a year and it looks brand new still. I did go ahead and upgrade the neck seal and wrist seals to silicone just recently, as my latex seals were starting to degrade after that much diving.

It's a breeze to get in and out of and much lighter than their neoprene drysuit. I'd do it all over again when and if this suit ever wears out. Not a single complaint here.

I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you have about it, if I can.

Both Myself amf G/F own the suit and are really happy with it. Have had it going on 2 years 50+ dives and no issues. Another perxon who dives with us owns the suit for longer and has a lot more dives and is also happy with his suit. We both got stock sizes and they fit awesome for us no issues at all. We can layer up for those 30'sF dives and wear a little less on the warmer ones with no problems.

I have seen online the new Bare SB system Drysuit which looks really cool. but at 2500+ don't think its cool enough for me since I bought my suit 1,000 less.... For my Drysuit search It basically came down to the DUI TLS350 and Bare HS-Tech Dry. For me both suits felt great and where nice and are really equal suits. Difference Bare offers Lifetime warranty on seams and workmanship, Also not that the money was an issue but I saved 800.00 and I liked the Tougher looking exterior of the Baer suit compared to the smoother DUI.

One thing to get is Pockets. I ordered mine with 2 Lg Zippered Pockets and Suspenders. Also added a P-Valve later on.

Thanks, guys for the good feedback.
Anyone out there have troubles getting his or her feet in and out of these suits?

I do have some difficulty getting my feet out of them. I think that as I get used to the suit it shouldn't be an issue.

Here is my review of the 2009 model, I do not know if they have change everything since that time to fix the issues.

I made around 180 dives on the suit within 2 years. Installed halcyon pockets and a halcyon p-valve on the suit. Had Si-tech rings coming with the suit.

Pros:
- trilam
- dries quickly
- not as stiff as th eprevious model
- good range of sizes
- fairly robust.
- easy to patch

Cons.
- it is not robust as it looks and not as robust as the previous model was. The cordura de-threads easily, if you touch zebra mussles or sharp edges the threads are easily cut and stick out. harness rubbing against the suit causes the same effect. The sharp edges of the kevlar knee pads cut the material overtime when they touch it while the knees are bend.
- The ATR patch sewn on the front along the zipper has a seam that rubs agains the dry zippes as it is located in the place where the harness goes over the shoulder killing the dry zipper.
- The exhaust valve is located in a wrong place if you prefer diving horizontally.
- The ATR system does not do it function - if you have pockets and put some stuff in it the ATR does not hold the pants and they slide down.
if you dive DIR configuration ATR makes it very difficult to push the light cord under the harness as it forms a bend and traps the fingers and cord not letting it go further
- The bare boot sizing charts are completely off. I was measured and shipped XXL although I have L size - I had to change the boots later.
-It's a bit difficult to put the legs in and take them out but you can get used to it.
- The seams are not that strong - when I was replacing the boot the seam has unglued 70%. Although Bare has lifetime warranty on seams
- the suit is impossible to turn inside out if you have the boots if you want to wash it inside and dry

The suit I think is at least twice as heavy as TLS and 1.5 times as CLX. If you plan to travel with the suit I would look at TLS Bare is too heavy - I think it weights around 14 lbs.

Do not buy Bare pockets from the factory - they tear off - my friend had that issue. Mine hold well as I was sewing them on besides putting the glue

Last edited:
Cons...

- The exhaust valve is located in a wrong place if you prefer diving horizontally...

The suit I think is at least twice as heavy as TLS and 1.5 times as CLX. If you plan to travel with the suit I would look at TLS Bare is too heavy - I think it weights around 14 lbs.

Do not buy Bare pockets from the factory - they tear off - my friend had that issue. Mine hold well as I was sewing them on besides putting the glue

I agree about the exhaust valve. PITA You would think that for a company as renowned as BARE would have gotten this right.

I have not dove a TLS, but I think it will be my next suit...in like 5 years when I have saved up for a new suit. Have you dove this suit? How is the exhaust on it?

My pockets are factory glued. How did you sew yours on without affecting the suit integrity?

I agree about the exhaust valve. PITA You would think that for a company as renowned as BARE would have gotten this right.

I have not dove a TLS, but I think it will be my next suit...in like 5 years when I have saved up for a new suit. Have you dove this suit? How is the exhaust on it?

My pockets are factory glued. How did you sew yours on without affecting the suit integrity?

I did not dive TLS but have a lot of friends who have it, some of them had issues with leaking but it was addressed by DUI, one girl had her suit completely replaced by DUI after she had to fix the leakages. I know people bought CLX after they had TLS as they said TLS is quite delicate. CLX is quite un-killable but it is at least 1.5 times heavy. People who bought TLS withing last yeah and a half did not have any issues.

We decided to get CLX for my wife as we did not want to deal with leakages and I like the suit how it is made but obviously I cannot dive it :) she likes it.

The exhaust is placed properly on TLS and CLX but surprisingly it is placed wrong on CF200 :) I do not know why but it was in the same position as Bare when I saw it on one of the suits here.

As for the pockets I did affect the integrity, I glued the pockets then sewed them then glued tape over the seams on the inside. For over 100 dives I had no leaks.

One good thing about BARE Tech is it very easy to patch and seems to hold patches on the inside pretty well.

I relocated the valve myself and it was also easy to glue it. The material was actually very easy to cut with scissors so it is not as strong as people sometimes claim:)

I do not have as many dives on my Suit Only reached just over 60 dives so has not been used as much. But neither my Suit or my G/F or our buddy's suit who is a DM and probably has about what you listed or more in his suit. I have the pockets added from the Factory Lg Zippered ones. and they work great for me. I use them often and they are holding up great. I have not had a leak in my suit and have done a few NJ inlet dives which I am literaly crawling on rocks/wall to get out. As for my feet, I have the attached boots and am able to kinda step on back of my heel and pull my foot up and out without much effort. However if its a really cold dive and I have the wear my heavy duty gear (2 Layers of socks plus Fourth Element Arctic/XT250 Boots) then they get a little stuck and either need to sit or have my buddy give them a little pull. Now my G/F has the Neoprene socks and does often need a tug to get hers off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom